“This reminds me of The Organ Grinder in Denver...”
Review of Organ Stop Pizza

Organ Stop Pizza
Ranked #9 of 70 things to do in Mesa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed November 4, 2014

...my Grandparents would take me there when I was little. That place went out of business long ago, but Organ Stop Pizza took me back to that time with stunning similarity. The board that lights up when your pizza is ready to pick up, the sound of the organ, the music-choreographed lights, etc.--it was all like The Organ Grinder of days past.

The music was wonderful and the songs they played were enjoyed by my wife and I (late 30's) as well as out kids (5 and 7). Lots of show tunes, old timey songs, and a brilliant Star Wars medley. My daughter was especially happy to hear "Let It Go" from Frozen.

In doing research before our trip I saw some reviews that complained about the price and how everything is paid for separately (pizza, drinks, dessert, etc.--all have their own separate price tag, and no drink refills), but after being there I want to point out that a ticket for a live music performance like this by itself would cost more than $15-20 per seat. So, I consider the money spent as paying for the performance (which was top-notch) and the pizza is just a bonus.

That being said, the pizza was great. The servers were typical high-school/younger--some care and are quite helpful, some are just there for the paycheck. The building itself was easy to navigate and we felt comfortable with our kids getting up to dance (dancing seemed to be encouraged). The organ player was amazing and engaging. I would love to go here again if we return to Mesa sometime.

All reviews
"great entertainment"
in 17 reviews
"in laws"
in 5 reviews
"great place to take visitors"
"bring cash"
"fun evening"
"whole family"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed November 3, 2014

We enjoy Organ Stop. It is not quiet, but it is relaxing and patriotic. The muscians are very accomplished and accomodating as to playing audience requests. The organ itself is a work of ark with many different variations of animation. The pizza is some of the best in town. Good place to go for a fun night.

Reviewed October 31, 2014

This venue is not far from Mesa Market so you can combine your visit with a trip to the market. The Mighty Wurlitzer is a beautifully restored musical instrument and is the centre piece of the restaurant. It opens at 3 o/c and you have to be there early to get a seat. The organist was top class and plays requests. The pizza's pretty good too.If you are in that part of Arizona do not miss the opportunity to visit.

Reviewed October 29, 2014

I took my wife and son here one night for dinner before a movie. We had always heard it was a pretty unique experience and we should go sometime, so we took the plunge this time. Well, what people never told us is that it is cash or check only. Wow, I have not been anyplace in years that I had to bring cash. Wow, that was a shock, and almost had us decide to leave, but we said what the hey. So then the next surprise. You order your food at the first counter, pay cash and (oh and no military discounts either, another shocker since they seem to be fond of military but don’t offer them a discount) then you order your drinks and pay cash at a different counter. Then you go find a place to sit inside a type of big hall that has a long tables and a balcony with table. You need to watch for you number to show up on a light board to go get your food. The night we went it had many reserved table upstairs so it was hard to find a spot to sit and still see the Organ show. Now the HUGE organ, half the building is made of the organ. Huge room with pipes and slotted windows that open and close to let the sound out. Huge pipe organ that a man sits at and pays requests. Light and flags, and more sounds and music than you can imagine. The Organ part was fun and probably worth the visit.