“Great place to stay for an early morning trip to Phoenix-Mesa Airport”

Sleep Inn Mesa-Superstition Springs Center
Ranked #22 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Arrived after dinner and left at 5 am for airport. Rooms and beds are small but clean. Wifi works fine. Cable TV. Tiny shower but does its purpose. It's about 10-15 minutes from the airport. It works for our needs.

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed July 5, 2014

I booked on their own website and when I saw the room pictures the rooms were updated and nice. Different story when we checked in, the room was nice if you set your watch back to 1980. This was not a picture on their website. This was very disappointing. The first floor hallway carpet needed a simple cleaning. It looked like we were walking through the parking lot. Terrible. Smokers were placed in the middle of the hallway as opposed to either end of the hallway for easy access to the outside. You could hear them walking outside all night as we were at the end of the hallway. The pool and laundry room were clean. The breakfast was good. Having waffles was a nice touch. Overall the stay was average. The location was good even though they are located in the mall parking lot there was not a lot of noise and traffic. The hotel was designed to channel everyone through the front door which is a good safety measure. We felt safe. They had CCTV recording in the main areas.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you actually check in.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lela429
Reviewed April 10, 2014

The only clean area was the lobby.I understand it's the first impression image but don't be fooled. Our room had looked like someone was cutting drywall and left a mess on the floor.The room had a weird smell and my kids didn't want to switch rooms because they thought it wouldn't matter.I didn't even want to walk on the carpet in my socks for the stains in the carpet.My advise stay somewhere else.I prepaid so I was kinda screwed.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Wes355
Reviewed March 19, 2014

we stayed at the Quality Inn on our way through Mesa and on the way back. the first room appeared clean and tidy although it was late at night when we arrived. no complaints so we decided to stay on the second trip through town. the room was no very clean, soil behind the sink taps, a broken fork left on the floor, crumbs on a chair. the staff were very friendly on both visits.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Room small, microwave but no fridge. Ice machine on 3rd floor out of order, had to go to lobby machine. Toilet bowl had dark, yucky ring at water line. Carpet had splotches of white paint or plaster on otherwise dark dirt-hiding background. Worst of all, toilet was so low it was very hard to get up from--no counters or grab bars to help. Did discover a handicap-access bathroom in lobby the next morning, but for $139 shouldn't have to ride elevator to use bathroom!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ETphoningHome
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We stayed here for 10 days in February while checking out Mesa for a longer winter vacation. Our room was on the ground floor, clean with good beds, a great shower (no tub) and lots of towels, daily. The continental breakfast was adequate, lacked variety - yogurt, bananas, would be nice. Small outdoor pool at the back of the building was heated and usually we had it to ourselves and if we timed it right, we had a bit of sunshine. Staff were helpful, we took advantage of the many restaurants nearby, also mall shopping and a 25 screen theatre within a short drive.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor, sometimes heard noise from above, but overall quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I stayed here March 3 Checked out March 4. I wasn't Impressed AT ALL. I work for a Choice Hotel and i guess maybe i expected a little to much. The Front desk Clerk checked me in didnt talk much. Just gave me my keys and told me where my Room was. I Could of sworn there was some amenities with the hotel. How bout Info on pool? If they have one, Breakfast? Do they have a Business center? Workout room? I just stayed in my room and just wasn't sure what this hotel had to offer. I called the front desk around Midnight because i needed to extend My Apartment was getting some work done and wasn't gonna be done till Wednesday possible thursday. The lady was rude and did not know what i was talking about told me she has nothing to do with my reservation She didn't listen to what i said, She assumed i booked with expedia Or something. i TOld her my manager sent me another link so i was gonna make another reservation just to give her a heads up and all she told me was sorry we cant give you another reservation for that rate. Not explaining why they couldn't. So the next day i called the front desk because at 9 AM House keeping knocked on my door LOUD. I have a newborn baby so that Really upset me because she woke him up when i finally got to the door she stood in the hall and didn't say anything. So i called the front desk to ask for a later check out I did arrive really late around 11 At night and all they said all they could give me a 12 Pm late check out, As i'm Getting ready to take my stuff to the car the house keeper is just camped outside the door, Just seemed like they were tryna rush me out. When i checked out i couldn't even tell the clerk about anything cause she was on her personal Cell phone the Morning of March 4. I searched for rooms all day of the 3rd. and Wasn't impressed with any rooms besides this place. The room was Nice everything was Nice but i feel that the employee's Need alot more training. I would recommend this hotel, And actually plan to be back again one day just hope by then the Employee aren't as rude as before and I'm able to get my Moneys Worth of the stay and get Poor service.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family