“Skip the major chain and head here for nice fast service food”
Review of Backyard Taco

Backyard Taco
Order Online
Ranked #3 of 68 Quick Bites in Mesa
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The concept is really cute. There is an actual charcoal grill, flaming and sparking inside the sort of garage style restaurant, with a really fun backyard. There are tons of heaters, things for kids to play with, and it’s just a casual nice spot. There’s a really large salsa/garnish bar to make your tacos or burritos extra tasty. We really enjoyed the tacos árabes (and got the combo pack). There were different spice levels for all the different tastes in our party. We enjoyed our visit and would absolutely skip some of the national - however tasty they are – for a little more authentic, fun vibe here at Backyard Taco.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (113)

Reviewed December 10, 2019

This is my second visit to Backyard Taco and it's very good. The first time I tried a trio of tacos, the carne asada, a chicken and an al pastor. The al pastor was my favorite and the other two were about equal. The second time I got an al pastor burrito and it was delicious. Their salsa bar is well equipped and also has pickled onions, limes and a smooth guacamole on it. I would return any time I'm in the area.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 4, 2019

Stopped by here for the first time a couple of days ago. Really glad we did. Great assortment of Mexican food at reasonable prices. The salsa bar was filled with fresh pico, cucumber, radish, pickled onions, several salsa’s and a guacamole sauce. Was delicious. There was a long line up but it went very fast. Most people get their order to go but there are a few tables inside and outside.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed October 6, 2019

They have great Mexican food, fast and fresh. I love the salsa bar where you can load up your meal. Everything is hot and fresh. It is a little more expensive than the average Mexican restaurant, but very good food. There is always a line to order, but they are very efficient and the orders come out fairly quickly.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed June 6, 2019

I love their tacos, quesadillas, and gorditas. The food is fresh, hot, and served in a timely manner.

Date of visit: June 2019