“Consistent”

Over Easy
Ranked #186 of 967 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I get the malted waffle every time we come and it is always amazing
Best orange juice I have ever had. Would totally recommend coming here for breakfast.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We had seen a review of this chain on Diners, Drive-ins & Dives and decided to try it.
Interior & furnishings are very basic but also very neat & clean.
Service was terrific and food was great but $50 for breakfast for 4 is a little pricey.
Would I try it again ??? - Probably !

1  Thank YVR-Special
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Sunday past was a gorgeous spring day in AZ, so I was out on the Harley for a day ride in the mountains. Stopped here for breakfast for the first time. This is a brand new location, and it's only open till 2 PM 7 days a week. In a great location off Southern Avenue between Higley and Power Road, with a sizable outdoor patio facing north so it's shaded. Nice. Inside the place was packed. All senior citizens. I was the only warm body in the place under 70 aside from the servers. Over Easy was clean, service was prompt and the food was served hot and tasty. The only problem I have with Over Easy is the manner in which you must order. I asked for 2 eggs over easy, 2 bacon, 2 pancakes and a glass of water. Nope. I had to order the eggs and cakes separately. Never did see any bacon. Hey, I'm a man. I love bacon! Pancakes come in a stack of three ordered separately (they were really good.) Came to just under 10 bucks, plus a tip. Pricey for a stack of plain cakes and 2 eggs. Frankly, IHOP and Denny's are both close by and have a better breakfast but this restaurant should do well, especially with the old folks in Leisure World living nearby.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We ate here on the advice of a frequent visitor to Mesa, and we were not disappointed. The staff was cheerful and service was prompt. Besides the usual breakfast selections, the menu contained some creative variations on the breakfast theme. The french toast with caramelized bananas was delicious.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Grabbed the Living social for this joint but didn't read the fine print (good Mon-Thurs, no holidays, blah, blah, blah) That's okay because I want to come back...

The decor is unpretentious. Blue and yellow walls---very cheerful. Blue and yellow chairs... some artwork on the walls.

The service was A+ Our server Allie was a sweetheart, attentive but not intrusive. She, along with other servers kept our coffee cups full.

The food: "Oh, Yum," hubby said, as he dived into the Crying Pig. It's a bacon, sausage, onion, and swiss cheese omelet. He offered me a bite, "Oh, Yum, and how!" The flavors danced together so beautifully. Hubby loved the tiny jam containers, Dickinsons, I believe. He even told Allie how cute they were. That you could make tiny tarts in them. This didn't sound like my hubby at all. He was also giddy when the bill arrived in a tiny Coke glass. It's the little things...

I tried the Deli Benedict, Eggs benedict with a thick slice of salami instead of canadian bacon. Flavorful, loved the sauce, could detect tiny hints of lemon. I'm a nut for well done hash browns. Can never get them done enough...crispy all around. Allie said, "Oh, you want them, "All the way through." I said, "Yes," knowing they'd come like the usually do at other places. Kind of burned on top and mushy inside. Well, they arrived perfectly well done. All the way through. These guys get it, they really do. Wish I'd taken a photo---it was such a thing of beauty--and tasted even better going down. Total cost with tax/tip--about $30.

Bottom line, this "Oh Yum," place is now at the top of our breakfast list. Great food, fun atmosphere, and top notch service.

1  Thank SSPP73