“Yum... it hit the spot”

Cuisines: Mexican
Mesa, Arizona
“Yum... it hit the spot”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The Girl and I stopped in for a Saturday night "tired-of-eating-leftovers" dinner. We ate in the lounge for immediate seating and they offer a full menu in there.

I had the shredded beef Chimi enchilada style. It was great. The flavor of the meat was very good and the tortilla was crispy. Next time I think I will have the machaca beef. The Girl had the mole which she said was one of the best she had.

It seemed as though the guacamole was packaged and not made fresh at the restaurant.

Our server was great new the menu very well and made some great suggestions.

• Visited December 2013

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Simply average”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Rosita's doesn't look like it is special from the outside. Doesn't look special when inside. It looks tired and worn down and in need of a good cleaning.

We were hoping that the appearance would be overcome by wonderful food. They don't have a gluten free menu and our waiter didn't have a clue what was gf there. We had to have him go back a second time to ask the cook what items my wife might be able to safely eat. This was the part of dining at Rosita's that was below average. We had called earlier that day to find out about gf options and were assured our server would be able to get that information from the kitchen.

Nothing to rave about from the kitchen. Their chili relleno platter was well plated. Beans, rice, some lettuce and a good sized relleno. Hot in temperature, mild in the mouth. Lots of cheese, a good breading, and a good sauce. Beans were good as was the rice. Nice job.

Other meals were lackluster.....average. The chips and salsa others have written about making special stops to get there......were nothing to rave about. There were 3 hungry adults sharing one basket of chips, and we didn't get around to finishing them. Lackluster.

The Valley of the Sun has many great places to go for Mexican food. We recommend looking elsewhere.

• Visited March 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“great Mexican food!!!”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I love the enchiladas at Rositas! And the chips with fresh salsa is great, too! The kids love the cheese crisps

• Visited December 2012
Gilbert, Arizona
“Great Mexican Family Restaurant in Mesa”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Great Food at reasonable prices. Located in Southern Mesa near Chandler, Gilbert and Tempe. The food was better than its nearby more famous competitors at a much more reasonable price. Service is good. Food and drink specials change daily. This is really a family restaurant with a family atmosphere. I've had the shreaded beef Chimichangas and Chiquitos. The beef is marinated and very flavorful. I thought they were the best I've had in may years. My Wife and I plan on eating there often.

• Visited November 2012