“LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!!”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was introduced to this restaurant a few months ago and I love it! The food reminds me of being a child visiting my old German aunt's house. The food is wonderful and the service is great. You are made to feel like an old friend as soon as you arrive. I am taking my visiting family tonight and send people there constantly. If you like German food than this is the place for you1

There are newer reviews for Zur Kate German Restaurant

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We have been to Zur Kate twice. The German food is average but reasonably priced. We ate there most recently on a Saturday night. The service was good but almost too fast. We had the feeling that they were rushing us through dinner so that they could turn the table. The accordian player was a nice touch but, in a small room, way too loud. In fact, despite an accoustical ceiling, this restaurant was very loud on all of our visits. They seem to cater to the winter snowbirds that are looking for a bargain meal. If you are looking for a relaxing, leisure dinner with good conversation, we would not recommend Zur Kate.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

As for the restaurant itself it's a pretty small place. Not sure how the busy they get, but if they ever do you could be in for a wait.

Back to the food for a moment. We had the special which was ham on bone, and Zwiebel Schnitzel with onion. The special was good and Schnitzel was just okay.

The atmosphere was nice and staff was friendly.

1  Thank ogroup
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Mix authentic German food with a live accordian player(Fri & Sat), fresh German beer, good friends & maybe some apple schnapps & you have a wonderful night. They give you delicious rye bread with dinner, the service is at times pressed by the amount of people that are dedicated to & absolutly LOVE this restaurant, but they are FANTASTIC and pleasant. They are like a family that provides an amazing meal for friends. The prices are tremendously reasonable and the owner is a warm, friendly and hardworking sweetheart. I love this place, and despite how far I have to drive to get there or that I might have to wait, it's entirely worth it and the personal service/attention makes my day. Big, shared tables in a quaint space with GREAT company makes this one of my top places to eat in Arizona! :)

Reviewed November 13, 2012

My wife and I ate here after an absence of 2 years. They have a very nice gentleman from Munich play the accordian with a lady singing German songs. Accents to match. They play and sing well, but it was quite loud and not conducive to quiet conversation. It's hard to eat with 2 people singing and staring at your food and you. Smiles all round, but......

The food was not bad. Large portions. But the schnitzel was quite thick, the fried potatos underseasoned, and the bratwurst was tasteless. The rye bread was not very interesting. The butter rock hard. The German potato salad was also underseasoned.

We had one server who finds multitasking difficult. So it was quite slow, although pleasant.

Not a place for a date or for kids.

1  Thank JonCSBC