“This is the real thing!”

Rosa's Mexican Grill
Ranked #51 of 949 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Kottayam, India
“This is the real thing!”
Reviewed March 18, 2008

Good authentic sonoran mexican cusine. Loved the food and the atmosphere. I think it' s number one in Mesa!

1 Thank torul

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Unbelievable good. I could eat there at least twice a week.”
Reviewed January 12, 2008

Unbelievable good. I could eat there at least twice a week.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Mesa, Arizona
“True Sonoran Mexican”
Reviewed November 25, 2006

I have been a customer and fan of Rosa's since it was a tiny hole-in-the-wall that only occupied the small corner store in the strip mall. It has now grown to occupy several spaces. It's not in an upscale area, but parking is convienient and during the evenings most of the adjoining shops are closed. It also takes credit cards now, which wasn't true in the beginning. There is no stated dress code, and shorts, tees and sandels are common.

The food is authentic and served without much fanfare or flare. I prefer spicy, so I ask for the habernaro salsa with my order. The salsa and chips provided, and frequently refilled, are fresh and flavorful. Portions are generous and the sides such as beans and rice are hot and not overcooked. The combination plates are well proportioned. Lunch menus are of smaller servings, but always adequate.

The decor is as close to traditional as is practical with stone floors and heavy wooden structure. The tables tend to be a little small for larger groups, and the environment is noisy when the restaurant is full. Two dining areas are available, which helps reduce the ambient clatter a bit. (The noise, too, is authentic)

Prices are very reasonable for the dinner menu and lunch is a down-right bargain. Alcoholic beverages are available, including a variety of Mexican beers and large margaritas.

I believe Rosa's may be the best Mexican food in the valley. If there wasn't a waiting line for most evenings, I'd think it was one of the best kept secrets in Mesa.

4 Thank ValleyDiner
Vero Beach, Florida
“awesome food”
Reviewed November 4, 2006

we stayed overnight at the Marriott recently. they recommended Rosa's. It was amazing. great food. we had the fajitas. delicious. Miquel was a great server. the salsa's were so good. the refried beans have a smokey taste. very good.
can't go wrong.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Yummy Salmon Tacos”
Reviewed July 10, 2005

Lunchtime always finds Rosa's packed with City of Mesa employees like me. I have HEARD that all of Rosa's food is good but always end up ordering the same thing: salmon tacos with yummy mango salsa. Why switch when you're backing a champion?

Okay, I did try the shrimp tacos with pineapple salsa last time and they were good but the salmon tacos, served open-faced on soft tortillas, are ace.

I also like the green salsa served with chips.

If I had to post a negative about Rosa's, I would say that the acoustics in the west dining area are not great. I have a soft voice and it's hard for me to have a conversation in that room. Also, the strip mall that houses Rosa's is really due for a makeover. It feels kind of run down and desolate as most of the strip malls in that part of Mesa do. Not the place to bring a client you're trying to impress. It's not the restaurant's fault, though. Without Rosa's, I think the whole strip would die.