“This was the worst experience I've ever had at an Applebee's” 1 of 5 bubbles

Applebee's
Ranked #344 of 914 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: American, Bar
Mesa, Arizona
“This was the worst experience I've ever had at an Applebee's”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Normally, we love going to Applebee's, but we won't be returning to this one. Last night was the worst experience we have ever had at an Applebee's. We got there at 4:30 and it wasn't until 4:46 before a server even came to our table. We ordered an appetizer and two burgers. The burgers came at 5:16 (46 minutes after being seated!) and one of the burgers was burnt. I mean black and hard, not just over cooked. The appetizer was apparently forgotten, according to our server. He put the order in again and it finally came. A large portion of the servers were just standing around in groups of 2 or 3 chatting, instead of taking care of their guests. When we mentioned to our server that it had been a long time before our order was taken, he went and got the order sheet and told us we didn't know what we were talking about and that we were wrong. We finally asked to see a manager (who we never saw on the floor until we asked for him - usually they are out on the floor checking/talking with the guests, but this one never came out of the back). To his credit, when the manager came, he comped our burgers when we told him what had happened (or hadn't happened that should have). The whole atmosphere in there was solemn. I heard two servers reassure guests that the food was fresh and not heated up. Where'd that come from? Anyway, I love Applebee's, but never again at this one.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ametrinel

Basehor, Kansas
“Fantastic burgers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

The hamburgers are absolutely some of the best around. I had the black and bleu burger (hold the blue cheese crumbles) and it was soooo good. Our waiter was good too. We almost always have good food at an Applebees.

• Visited January 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Sensational Staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

I had a late date on a weeknight. We chose to go to the Applebees on S Alma School Road because it was close to my hotel. I am not a fan of Applebees and actually haven't been in one for the past 4 years. I am so glad he picked this one because the atmosphere and the staff was fantastic! We ordered drinks and an appetizer. I thought both were very good. The staff was phenomenal. We had a waitress but also 2 other employees kept coming and checking on us. I would absolutely recommend this to everyone!

• Visited December 2013
Payson, Arizona
“Very predictable but quite good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Good service, good quiality food. Applebees is rather predictable, but that is good. Very welcoming atmosphere and good service.

Visited February 2013
Deming, New Mexico
“Had to wait, but worth it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Very well run operation. Food was good, service was good and the place was clean. All you can ask for!

Visited February 2013