“Celebarting Sheila's Birthday”

Ranked #29 of 1,007 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Tucked away in the heart of Mesa - an authentic far east dining experience awaits. Inspired by seaside sake and a walk on the Dōtonbori, Osaka is a culinary fusion of metropolitan chic & rich history charm. Welcome...
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was Happy Hour so we started with drinks…wine for Sandy…Peach Martini for Sheila and I ordered a Cucumber Cooler…now that’s the drink for those hot summer days…refreshing…and not a strong liquor taste.

We ordered Sushi with our drinks…California Roll…Crunchy Roll…Calamari…delicious.
Then a second round…Alaska Roll…Shrimp Tempura Roll…Garlic and Sesame Green Beans (I absolutely loved these)…then we ordered a Shrimp Tempura Entrée which came with Miso Soup and a house salad…delicious…and Japanese Fried Rice…which I loved…it just tasted better than any fried rice I have ever eaten. Good Dinner!

Reviewed May 10, 2018 via mobile

We’ve been here a few times and it’s become one of our favorite places. All the food is good but the scallops are to die for - who knew you could get amazing scallops in the middle of Arizona? The atmosphere is so fun. The teppanyaki chefs are very interactive, funny, and great with all ages. People must lie that’s it’s their birthday because the birthday song seems to play every 5 minutes. It’s a super catchy tune with a live gong. As the say, more sake more happy!

Reviewed February 19, 2018

We visited Osaka for the first time (not the last!) with a large group for Happy Hour! They handled us with prompt & totally professional attention! Our waiter was amazing. Unfortunately I did not get his name, but he was able to maintain happy & attentive support even with our crazy lively group of 44 folks! He took our orders without taking notes & was spot on. The food was excellent & the prices were quite wonderful! My husband & I enjoyed a 20 oz beer each & shared 3 appetizers for less than $20! And they even threw in a lovely dessert! We will be back & highly recommend a visit to this restaurant!

Reviewed February 19, 2018

My husband and I were part of a group of 45 on a Monday night. As you can imagine, we filled the place. Most of us did not wish to sit in the Tappanyaki section but we overfilled the main dining room and overflowed to the teppanyaki anyway. We had a wonderful time. The service was attentive and pretty quick. We were sitting in the main dining hall. I had the fat boy roll and hubby had the dynamite. Both were delicious. My partner also had a miso soup, which did not taste overly salty. I had the cucumber salad. It was huge mainly sliced cucumbers in a dressing. Interesting, but I found it salty. The rolls , however did not disappoint. Delicate, and fresh bursting with flavors. We will be back. Dinner for two sans alcohol We each had an app and a roll cost less than $40.

Reviewed February 14, 2018 via mobile

Ate in the dining room with hopes it would be quieter, not! Food was good, not exceptional however. Had steak and lobster, really thought it would have more flavor for the price.