“Yummy!”

Cuisines: Scandinavian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Love their new location! I went there once when they were located on Broadway and McClintock in their small little place. They have definitely upgraded and it looks great! The food still taste delicious. Their portions are huge and fresh! We took my in-laws here and they loved it I ordered the chicken schnitzel with Rösti (potato pancake), Marinated green beans, Tomato-basil, and Sauerkraut. So much food but i ate it all. You could hear them pound the chicken which you know it's fresh and not previously frozen or made ahead of time. My husband got the Swedish meatballs which only came with 6 (that plate was a little smaller) but they were delicious! Definitely homemade...no frozen stuff here (well I at least hope they are homemade because they taste like it). His nephew got a hot dog and this isn't any ordinary hot dog. This was a nice sized one and his nephew said it's one of the best hot dogs he's ever tasted. His parent ordered the chicken schnitzel and pork cordon bleu (gluten-free for add'l $2). The only thing I recommend changing is their menu. I wish there were a little bit more descriptions on the dishes. Many of the dishes were Swedish and I wasn't sure what they were and I didn't feel like asking the server to explain each dish. I think if they work on designing their menu and drink menu they would even increase their sales. I will definitely be back and recommend this place to other people!

1  Thank Erica A

Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I eat out often BUT I always have trouble when I visit NEW restaurants due to my food allergies. Black Pepper is a concern. Beaver Choice had several items on the menu that I was interested in but I know to ask LOTS of questions. I was given TOP OF THE LINE hospitality. The chef came to my table to describe the dishes and their ingredients. I gladly ordered the Shoe Maker Box and is was delicious. The restaurant was clean, bright and service couldn't be beat. Thanks so much for a GREAT experience. We will be back.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I visited today with my son, who dines there frequently. The menu is German/Swedish/Polish. The food is excellently prepared and is delicious. The owner is friendly and loves to get to know her patrons. The staff was friendly and very knowledgeable. I had a great lunch and sampled my son's too. They were both delicious. I had dessert, which I usually skip. Everything was like it was from the best ethnic restaurants in Chicago, which is high praise indeed. Prices reflect the quality of the food. I will be a regular.

1  Thank Jamie B
Reviewed March 29, 2014

My wife had done some research on this place and surprised my parents and I by taking us here for dinner. My parents and I are Canadian and loved that fact we saw a place advertising Swedish, Scandanavian, and Canadian Cuisine. Quite surprised how elegant and modern the inside in because the strip mall where this is located is older and somewhat run down, but the inside was quite impressive.

When we entered the restaurant we were greeted by 3 people sitting at the bar with "Do you have a reservation?" May i remind you there were 6 tables currently seated at 6:30pm on a Friday night so the place was by no means busy. A little rough around the edges I might say, but we just responded with "No sorry, we didnt know we needed one." The lady told us its ok, it's European style so sit where ever you would like. We sat in a corner both located closed to the bar as no one was sitting in that area and we had our 3 year old daughter with us so we typically try and respect other peoples time at dinner cause our daughter can be a bit crazy sometimes.

The waitress greeted us fairly fast, introduced herself and took our drink orders. Drinks of tea, soda, and water took a few minutes and she brought them back. She asked if we had any questions on the menu and we ordered a few appitizers; Quebec Potuine all around was ordered. We miss not being able to find this anywhere here where back in Canada we can find this entree in most places quite easily. They came out about 7 minutes or so later and it was fantastic, great flavor in the gravy, cheese curds were small so they melted well, and the fries were fresh and well seasoned.

Entrees were then ordered, both my wife and I ordered the Jager Schnitzel and choice our sides. The entrees took about 25 minutes or so before they came out, a little long I thought because the place wasnt really busy at all but I've heard everything is fresh here so that kind of made up for the time. The entrees were warm, but by no means hot. Lots of dill is used in their salads and sides so if you're not a dill fan I would ask your waitress what sides don't contain much or any dill. The food was ok, the schnitzel was thin, much thinner than I am used to when my wife makes or from other restaurants. My parents had ordered the Polish Sampler Plate with cabbage rolls, pierogies, and polish sausage. They sausage was very dry, and the cabbage rolls were a little bland with not a lot of flavor.

We asked for our checks and that they be split and that was done without any issues. I thought it to be a little rude to have our waitress ask if we needed change for the cash we paid with, I have always just thought that was a little tacky. The part of the evening that really made me upset was waiting for our checks to come back which took forever and having to listen to the owner and another waitress sit at the bar and complain about another customer from earlier in the day or another night and how they were rude and had all of these complicated requests, and how much they hate when people like that come in to eat. The waitress yapping away was the one cashing us out but was not our waitress which is probably why it took us nearly 10 minutes to get our change. I just thought it was very unprofessional and really just made me not want to come back and have to hear that or wonder if they would be talking about me and my family when we left. That was my big issue and because of that, I doubt my family and I will return to this restaurant again.

1  Thank AZTraveler94
Reviewed March 6, 2014

My friends and I have been going there since day 2 of them opening at their original location and hope to continue to do so for years!!! The owners are nice friendly people that have made us feel like part of the family. They are EXTREAMLY concerned about the quality of their food and use the freshest and best ingredients they can get for all their homemade dishes. No 99 cent hamburgers here but their goal is not to feed their customers cheap food..... but GOOD food...and boy do they deliver! We have tried everything on their menu and have not been disappointed once. And with their new place they now have an amazing beer list with some really yummy wines! Their menu is a combination of Norweigen with a bit of Canada thrown in there which reflects where they've come from and traveled. Definately a unique restaurant and worth the stop!

1  Thank Michelle C