“Amazing service and food!”
Review of Mi Amigo's Mexican Grill - CLOSED

Mi Amigo's Mexican Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
Mesa, Arizona
“Amazing service and food!”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We were unable to eat dinner until late one night (9:45pm). The restaurant was getting ready to close, but our waiter, Chris, was very welcoming and seated us. He and the staff NEVER made us feel we were holding them up and never once did we feel rushed. We were treated so kindly. Chris had a permanent smile from start to finish and our drinks never dried up. We will visit Mi Amigos again. Thank you!

• Visited February 2014

Long Pond, Pennsylvania
“Option A or Option B”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

What do I mean by my title? It felt like there were two options on the menu and that was it. I have been to mexican places that had pages and pages to choose from. This menu had for and one was for lunch specials. I decided upon the "Numero Tres." A cheese enchilada, rice and beans and two tacos. I really enjoyed the hard shell tacos and they is probably what I would get if I ever go back. The enchilada had more of a zest that I am used to, but there were no options to add chicken...bummer. Prices seemed expensive to me but Mesa is starting to make me think it is everywhere.

Nice atmosphere, nice people, nice restaurant. Maybe worth checking out...but you may also find a better option

• Visited August 2013
Rexburg, Idaho
“good food, service, atmosphere”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We always eat here at least once when we visit relatives in the Mesa area. We don't get good mexican food where we live and we love coming back and enjoying our favorites. My husband loves the relenos, I love the shredded beef changas, and we all love the chips and salsa. When we lived here this was our "go to" Mexican restaurant. And it still is when we return. The patio is nice in the spring and fall when the weather is mild. The prices are family friendly.

• Visited June 2012
Chandler, Arizona, United States
“Huge Disappointment”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

On this Wednesday evening, my girlfriend & I had decided to eat out for dinner. I quickly grabbed my

I phone & went right to my Trip Advisor App & searched the restaurants here in our area. We thought it would be fun to try something new. We had decided on Mexican, I searched the app & found a number of them her in the East Mesa area. I read that Mi Amigo’s had almost a 5 pt total rating marks, id say it is about 4.5 Also I noticed that it is rated #35 out of 292 restruants in Mesa, Az. After a short discussion and deciding that this sounded like a promising new adventure, we set out for a nice dinner.

Let me first say that I almost never have ALL negative things to say about a restaurant, there is ALWAYS an explanation or an exception for poor service or food.
Tonight was a first. The food was terrible!!!! It didn’t even taste bad!!! It was so bland that it didn’t have any taste. The salsa that came with the chips at the beginning o the meal must have come out of a can, very watery & BLAH. I ordered the Baja Chicken Burrito, and my gf got the Carne Assada.
The carne was very tough & had no flavor; the Baja Burrito was so bland, that all I tasted was the tortilla that the filling was rolled in. There was very little chicken, mostly mushrooms & spinach. Beans & ice, BORING!!!! The best part of the meal was the two Diet Cokes that we ordered.

I am sorry Mi Amigos, but I feel it is a service to let you know that your menu needs some work. Maybe this was one of those “off nights” that just happen. Unfortunately, we will not be back to see if it’s any better, there just way to many good places to spend money in these days.

The service was adequate, the price…..the bill was $29 & change, WAY to expensive for poor quality food.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank John K
illinois
“Nice setting and good food”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Second time visiting there and had good experiences both times. Many good choices on the menu and all appetites. Ya sangria was great too!

Visited January 2013