“Fran's Fish Fry”

Cuisines: American
Inver grove heights
“Fran's Fish Fry”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I have been visiting fish frys on Friday during Lent. Technically this isn't an all-you-can-eat, but it might as well be. You get three filets (cod, I believe) that are each about ten inches long and a nice and thick - definitely all we could eat. And they were the best fish that we have had so far. Fran's certainly isn't a fancy place, but rather homey - they tout a Minnesota connections. The service was slow, but we got there at about 12:30 and they were almost full. You get a choice of potatoes, we chose French Fries (good and plentiful), but they have mashed and home fries as options - and the home fries looked very good. Cost was $8.99

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Groverman

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Just Love this Homestyle Restaurant!”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Last spring, I asked a total stranger in my community, if she could recommend a good place for "home cooked meals". She immediately recommended Fran's Place on Main Street. Since my first visit, I have become a "regular". I just love this little place! The meals remind me of my "mother's cooking"---if not, better! Incredibly friendly atmosphere. This is a family owned business and what a neat family they are! I don't believe I've had a bad meal---probably the best open beef plate with real mashed potatoes and delicious gravy I've had in a restaurant! The omelettes are fantastic along with all of her breakfast items, ie. waffles, pancakes, etc. Soups are homemade and usually a daily special such as stuffed peppers or cabbage rolls. And then, of course, her wonderful fish specials every Friday. Either cod or walleye---best around!! Can't go wrong with any of her sandwiches----
or fresh baked pies. If anyone is looking for just good "comfort food", you will be delighted with this restaurant----not a fancy atmosphere---but extremely clean and comfortable!

• Visited September 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“It is what it is!”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Fran's Place is just another local dining spot that is open for breakfast and lunch.....when it is open! This is a new restaurant that is trying to find itself. In their first year they have changed hours of service, etc several times. We did enjoy the home cooked meals that we had there. However, you might want to call ahead to be sure they have on the menu what you are craving.
The advertised daily specials often are "sold out" early.

• Visited March 2012