“Great tour,great staff,made some new friends”

Desert Belle Cruises
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Surprise, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great tour,great staff,made some new friends”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Im handicap and it was approx 111degrees and we were the first to arrive as we waited to board the boat my husband asked the ticket person if I could board the boat, as I needed to sit and the heat was too much for me,as it was causing me pain an I couldn't take it anymore.
She responded sure right away let me call the capital. We waited approx 10-15 min to no avail,husband asked again,she responded there cleaning the boat. Captan yelled all aboard and everyone boarded the boat, we were first in line anyway so it's was not like we were trying to hurry and get on . They must pay attention to people w/disabilitys because you can't look at a person and tell if they have a disability or not ,I had brain Surgery,I shouldn't have to explain to anyone what my disability is to have my needs met.

Sedona, Arizona
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Father's Day On The Desert Belle”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Living in Sedona for over 19 years, I had no idea Saguaro Lake existed. My wife received a promotional discount from Travel Zoo for a boat tour of the lake. The tour was casual, well narrated by the "Captain" and ran 90 minutes. A beautiful lake and the surrounding mountains are absolutely breathtaking. Sunblock, a hat and sunglasses are a must. Don't forget your camera as there a many photo ops. Refreshments are available on board.
As an added treat, we all witnessed a young man propose to his fiance.
She said "YES!"
Well worth the trip

Glendale, Arizona
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Wonderful Morning Trip on the Lake”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Even having lived in the Phoenix area for over 27 years we (wife and myself) had never been to the Saguaro Lake so, when the wife saw a coupon for a boat trip on the lake she bought it and informed me we were going. How could I say no. My answer was the usual, "Yes Dear." The road out to the lake (mostly freeway) is good and all paved. Lots of parking and the help is all very friendly. It was a very hot day (over 100 degrees) so once we boarded the boat we chose to sit inside (air conditioned to 75 degrees) and just enjoy the sites and listen to the captain pointing out just about anything you'd want to know about the area. The Desert Belle is about (just estimating) 50 feet long and is well maintained. Besides the inclosed air conditioned cabin (full bar here) it has an upper deck if you'd rather be outside. Yes, there is a men's and women's restroom. We had a drink (reasonable price) as we sat at a small table and viewed the sites. The ride is very smooth and it was kind of like sitting in a very wide screen movie house. The captain knows his stuff about the lake and all the cliffs that suround it. Very informative indeed. It was a relaxing trip that took our minds away from everyday life. Well worth the time and, with the coupon, the price was right. We'd strongly suggest you try it. Ron.

Apache Junction, Arizona
82 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“The beautiful Saquaro Lake”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We have been many times out on the Desert Belle Cruise cruising the beautiful Saquaro Lake. The people running the cruise and the captain are wonderful people, very friendly and informative about the area. It is a narrative cruise for 90 minutes. You can be in the air conditioned area on the lower level or out in the open under a canopy on the upper deck or move about at will. There is a sun area on the front of the boat as well up and down. Go on out you will not be dissapointed in the beauty of the area.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Arizonakett
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Loved It”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Didn't know about this place until I found the coupons on living social. A perfect excursion for the family or couple. They had concessions for about $5.00. The tour was informative. I would do it again and come back for the live music or a dinner cruise.

Visited May 2013