“Great Italian food in Mesa, AZ”

Alessia's Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #11 of 973 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Great Italian food in Mesa, Az. Great Italian food and really great service. A family owned restaurant, they care about providing a great meal and a great experience. My friends and I had a great meal and I am sure you will, too.

1  Thank William P

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We loved this restaurant and will be back the next time we are in town. The patio was absolutely gorgeous and well sheltered from the rest of the strip mall. The server and chef are husband/wife and clearly have found their passion. The server (husband) did an excellent job of communicating with us, disclosing the status of the kitchen. The wine he recommended was two bottles worth of delicious and the food was spectacular. There were five people in our group and everyone loved their food. The portion sizes were generous, reminding us that you don't need to eat as much pasta to fill up when it's high quality. We ordered two desserts for the table: tiramisu and chocolate lava cake. Both were excellent. The only drawback for this restaurant is that they don't take reservations and are quite busy.

1  Thank Tara M
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The husband wife team take good care of you, he in the front of house, she in the kitchen. Their pasta list is extensive. our Carbonara was just right.well flavored, with a nice cream sauce that was not over bearing. Another guest's veal Marsala with onions was perfectly prepared,tender and tasty.
The wine list is over the top on selection and. Price range.
Pleasant on the patio on April.

1  Thank finefrank
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very nice decor and ambiance for a strip mall restaurant. They have an attractive outside dining area that was very quaint. They were quite busy so we waited in the smallish cocktail lounge and sampled some very nice wines. It was well worth the wait in my opinion. Our entrees were good and flavorfull. The service was very adequate for having an overflow crowd. The owner kept checking in on us to make sure we were ok with the wait. The wine list was extensive and my friend the wine connoisseur though it was esonable in price. The entrees were very reasonable. I would certianly go there again.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Saturday evening feb. 2nd 2013 five of us with family in from California, we tried alessia's after reading excellent reviews from yelp members but the disappointment was awful. Waited for bread and water then waited a long time for our entrees which were swimming in sauce. Ravioli too well done on the sides and the other food was not finished. Dessert was also disappointing. Would never go again and I have spread the word with my friends. The prices were very high for what would be a normal italian dinner. Made me wonder about the people who write a review. Barbara