“Great Hamburgers!!”

JJ Madisons
Ranked #109 of 948 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Description: JJ madisons has something for everyone, from the best happy hour, new power hour, 69 cent wings, free pool, Friday fish fry & No DUI, program ( free rides home)
“Great Hamburgers!!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Want a cold one and a hamburger? Want to shoot some pool, and watch sports at the same time? Then, JJ Madisons is the place!! You'll love the good food, great service, and fair pricing! Sit at the bar, bar area, patio, or dining room and have good fun and good food!! Enjoy!

Visited July 2013
3 Thank James L

Phoenix, Arizona
“2nd worst meal I've ever had at the age of 50.”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Had the "highly popular" meatloaf. The instant mashed potato's were nasty. The meatloaf itself tasted like "Alpo" (dog food) but the worst was the "comfort food" mac and cheese which was literally that "Kraft" stuff out of a box that tasted like salted paste. The server was kind and aplogetic I've eaten there before and it was okay so not sure why the food was so bad this time. They didn't even offer a discount whereas most restaurants would have just taken the meal off the bill, especially since I ate only two bites of everything and pushed it away. I'll give it one more try before I call it but that was the second worst meal I've ever eaten.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Dave W
“Great lunch!!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

We were driving by and decided to give JJ's a try for lunch today. I ordered the fish tacos and I have to say they were deeeelish!! My son had a burger that he loved. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank diane l
“Good Food”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We live near this restaurant so visit it every now & then. The food is usually pretty good. I like their Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings, however the past few times I've had to tell them to be light on the sauce. We also enjoy the Homemade Potato Chips, but this time they were so salty we couldn't eat them. My Husbands burger came out too sloppy and fell apart while he tried to eat it. Not sure if they changed cooks, because it wasn't any busier than normal. Our waitress was great, although we noticed the kitchen staff had to bring out orders, because a couple waitress were too busy hanging around some guy sitting by himself. They seem to have a Big turnover of waitstaff. We never see same ones.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Duchess1125
Mesa, Arizona
“Great food. Great deals.”
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

The food is great bar food. Some dishes even better than non-bar restaurants. My favorites are the cheeseburgers and thin fries and the Friday fish fry--just like back home in Ohio. Dinner hours are generally full of snowbirds/winter visitors. After 7 things pick up. I hesitate to call it a dive bar as there are families, elderly, then later people looking for a good time. People of all walks. Not a snobby meat market. I've been there several times and have enjoyed each visit whether alone, with friends, or with my parents who like that Friday night fish. My only complaint is the hamburger bun on the key west burger. Tends to be dense and often stale. Not my favorite traits in a burger. However, the last 2 I've had the buns were much fresher tasting. I would definitely go here for a variety of occasions.

• Visited May 2013