“The Very Best East Indian Food”
Review of India Oven

India Oven
Ranked #25 of 959 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We've enjoyed this restaurant twice in the last two weeks. It is certainly the very best East Indian food we've found in the Phoenix area. Our Chicago guests loved it as much as we did. There are very many choices on the buffet (which is now also available, plus the menu, at dinner) and each is outstanding in quality and taste. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian choices. Many East Indian customers in attendance attest to the authenticity and taste of the food. We always check the health report of a restaurant before trying for the first time. Indian Oven has an "A." Very attentive servers (obviously, they share the tip) and all four handled beverage refills, plate removal, etc.

1  Thank Roadapple032

Reviewed April 27, 2014

My wife and I joined another couple to dine at India Oven. The food was wonderful. The service was wonderful, except one thing. BE VERY CAREFUL and scrutinize the check details. Three times I asked for separate checks and the assurance of separate checks did not seem sincere. Sure enough, when the dinner was over, here comes one check for $62.50 for all four of us. Once again we asked for separate checks and eventually received separate checks. The other couple had several alcoholic beverages while my wife had one and I drank water. My portion of the bill came to $31.60 which was pennies over half of the $62.50. Now I found out the other couple was charged $40.25. Does $31.60 plus $40.25 equal $62.50??? By getting separate checks the bill went up almost $10.00. Now I find out that both checks were charged to my credit card. What a mess!!!

1  Thank Roy F
Reviewed April 2, 2014

This was the first time I saw a dinner Indian buffet. It was very good, lots of choices, and even had the mango lasse that was included. Enough spice and things were not overcooked for Indian food.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

This is a large restaurant. We were encouraged to have the buffet. It was very good. It included lamb, beef, and chicken dishes. There was a vegetarian section and a dessert section. The food was spicy but delicious

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We went for the lunch buffet and it was phenomenal! Reasonable prices too. I definitely recommend this place.