“If you're into meth and hookers then this is the place for you.”
Review of Colonade Motel

Colonade Motel
Colonade Motel
Ranked #46 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I found myself in Mesa late one night without a booking and found this place on google maps. The other motels in the area were full so I thought I'd give it a go. The place looked dodge from the start but it was late and I'd been driving for 6 hours so I took a room. The reception girl took me to the room at the far end of the complex where there were loads of shifty looking blokes knocking about staring at us as we took our bags to our room.

It took less than 30 seconds to realise that no sane person would stay in a motel like this. The room was a mess and stank to high heaven.

I don't like giving bad reviews but felt it my duty. Unless you've been kicked out of your home and are a step away from homelessness don't stay here. Seriously, don't stay here. Of course if you have a soft spot for crystal meth and "professional" ladies and no possessions of worth then you might love it.

Room Tip: You'd be better off sleeping in your car
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
20  Thank terrytTerry
There are newer reviews for Colonade Motel

Reviewed December 3, 2012

if your on drugs good place to stay...if ur normal like the rest of us dont stop here....place is nasty rooms..pool..cleaning people dont talk english...everything is nasty about the place.......beds nasty...people liven the are just hookers and drugies..nothing good about the place.......

• Stayed: January 2012
8  Thank foghattime
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Dont stay here unless you like the drama,shady characters-always watching your car so nobody steals from it

Room Tip: go towards tempe better area
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank inturn
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We had been staying at a very nice resort in Oak Creek Village but the weather report forecast snow and we chose to leave the night before to ensure that we could make our flight from Phoenix the next day. We searched for hotels near the airport but they were all booked. We found the Colonade on Booking.com and made the reservation. When we arrived after 10pm. tired from rushing to make it to Mesa, we were first directed to a "condo" about a mile away. It was filthy and totally unsuitable so we returned and the clerk apologized and gave us #205. It was a small smelly room with a bare kitchenette and no utensils or dishes. One of the night clerks did make an attempt to find some dishes and bring extra towels and he did find a plug for the bathtub. He was courteous and polite but we would never come here again.Then I found out that Booking,com was offering the same room online for $14 less. We were desperate but this is a terrible place with missing light bulbs, threadbare towels, no hangers in the flimsy closet and peeling laminate off the cheap particle board bed frame. No doubt years from now this will be good for a laugh, but we hardly feel that way tonight. Booking.com did not have any reviews available when I booked this place, but I see several now that would have warned us what to expect.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a good room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple