“Great Christmas at the Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa

Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa
Ranked #7 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
West Sussex, England
“Great Christmas at the Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2009

We have just returned, from a Christmas trip to this hotel - it was our third visit there. The staff are particularly friendly and helpful, especially Crystal - our breakfast server, also the concierge guys, didn't catch all their names, but one was called Vasil. They gave us several lifts in the hotel's complimentary shuttle bus, sometimes further than the official 3 mile trip. The bedrooms are roomy enough for a family of 4. The breakfast buffet was good, and the Christmas Day Champagne Brunch was exceptional value, at $24.99 all in, $9.95 for under 12's - included unlimited bubbly. The pool/spa tubs were sufficiently warm, that we were able to use them every day, despite Phoenix being unseasonally chilly for the time of year. Only niggle was the room cleaning, ours was not done on Christmas Day, and we had to ask the maid to clean on one of the other days - otherwise I don't think our room would have been serviced that day. The hotel has a very convenient location for those without a car, as it is within walking distance of several restaurants/shops and Fiesta Mall. We all really enjoyed our Christmas there.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Turkish first
Ventura, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2009

The two marks above were for the only two employees that made us feel at home while there (Gloria 7th floor waitress, and Patty, waitress at the main restaurant). They said that the shuttle would take you on a 5-mile radius trip and I witnessed them taking others past 12-miles. Very Inconsistent! Was asked to speak to concierge in AM, turned out there was no official concierge. Asked to take shuttle to the light-rail, they suddenly had no shuttle that morning, until I asked to speak to Manager, then suddenly they found a shuttle? I was greeted with a forceful smile, but when a large group arrived, the smile was ear to ear! Our housekeeper did not change our sheets, and the bathroom floors seemed neglected. ULK.
Although the two women mentioned above were awesome, the hotel seemed unkept, the jacuzzi was cool, popcorn ceilings, and because the lounge is centralized, it can get very loud until 11:00 p.m. I would stay at the Hilton in Old Scottsdale next time.
We made a big mistake. P.S. Dillards at Fiesta Mall going out of business.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2009

I like this hotel, Very close to other hotels and lots of resturants around, also a mall across the street. Not to far from the airport. The hotel was clean and the staff very nice. The lounge and resturant were expensive compared to other places close by. The pool was never used it seemed. I did not like the $10.00 usd that they charged for the internet. But all in all a nice hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bozhawg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2009

I was a bit disappointed with this property. The refrigerator in the room did not work. The elevators were working sporadically and the waits could be long. I could not get an even slightly late checkout.

My opinion of Hilton Hotels have improved over the last few years. There has been a serious attempt at upgrading their properties. I feel this was a half step back. The room was okay, the bed was fine and the room and bathroom was clean.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Boulder
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2009

My wife and I attended a seminar with a medically dependant 8 year old son here in Sept, '09. When we arrived late at night, we were told all standard double Queen rooms were occupied. Without hesitation we were upgraded to a fantastic junior king suite. It was so nice, we asked for an extra night after the seminar was over and got it at the same price as the standard room! That is a SUPERB customer retention practice!
Our son loved the salt water pool (no chlorine- that's nice!) in the evenings after we attended the seminar and loved it especially (so did we) on our "vacation" day in 105 degree temps (In September- can you believe that?)! Huge hot tub, pretty watefall going into pool.
Golf course next door, close to a waterpark / kid's playland. Convenient to the highway, yet you can't hear it.
We'll certainly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Burnsville, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

Although the rate was good, we stayed in a "non-smoking" room BUT the guests in the next room smoked like chimneys. I ended up taking towels and shoved them at the bottom of the door to keep the smoke from coming in. When I called the front desk she told me that they do not have certain rooms for smoking and non-smoking and that our room could have been a smoking room before we arrived, its just that they spray disinfectant in the room when they clean. She did volunteer to switch our room for us but also advised me that I could run into the problem with that room also. I did suggest to her that if they allowed smoking, that they may want to consider having smoking floors so that there were floors that are non-smoking. The hotel needs some renovating and sprucing up. The toilet tank cover in our bathroom had several chunks broken out of it - as an example. They were running a special during our stay buy 3 nights get 1 free. They told me at check-in that when I got my final bill, the price would then be reflected. When I did receive the bill under the door, all 4 nights were charged to me. When I went to the front desk to get it fixed, the gentleman took care of it..but when I received my bill, the full price had been charged to my credit card. I called them and within 48 hours they did process a credit for the 1 night. There are more than enough hotels in the area, I have only stayed at a Hilton a couple of times - I will stick with Marriott from now on.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2009

Overall, this property was nice, but I wouldn't say anything spectacular. The interior including the lobby and downstairs level is VERY nice! The pool area is nice, a lot of the pool loungers and chairs were broken, and made it hard to find somewhere to relax (as the pool got busy). The room service by the pool was VERY convenient and was actually pretty good!

Now... the room--- We stayed in a 2 queen bed Jr. Suite- Not up to standards for a triple diamond AAA award...None the less for a Hilton hotel... For starters: the couch cushions were torn apart, and had numerous stains on them. The shower was pretty icky. Slow toilet, slow to drain shower.... And then to top it off, the air conditioning was RIDICULOUSLY noisey.

Beware: housekeeping can come as late as 530 PM to clean your room. They were pretty lame too.... Kleenex was empty and didn't leave us a new box, didn't empty garbages, and left VERY few towels...

Overall, the grounds at this hotel are nice-- I'm not sure if we got a reject of a room or what... But I can honestly say, I would try somewhere else before I would go back to this one-

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends