1,221 results
All reviewsthe executive loungeatrium barfront deskfiesta mallred lobsterroom servicebreakfast buffetgolf coursebusiness tripvery nice hotelphoenix mesanice stayeasy accessspring traininggloriaconferencefreeway
Reviewed April 4, 2005

Stayed March of 05 for Baseball Spring Training. The hotel looks great from the outside and as you walk in. But once you get into the rooms it is below standard. The bathrooms are small. Tub leaking and could not adjust shower head. Rust arount the tub and sink. The ice box in the room did not work. It froze what ever you put in it. I would not stay hear again and surely not worth the rate charged. I have stayed at nicer Holiday Inns.

• Stayed: March 2005
2  Thank Voyager15770
Reviewed March 27, 2005

Stayed here two nights March 25-27. Bathroom had leaks around bottom of tub (grout missing) and combined with stopped up shower resulted in a wet floor. Sink stopper was broken, no bulbs in two lamps, same furnishings since built in 80's and an overall bad Motel 6 feel. Was rated three stars on Priceline where I paid $55/night. Can't really complain however as it was spring break/Spring Training time and wasn't in room but to sleep - however would not have stayed there if had other choices. Stayed at the Phoenix Airport Hilton in November for $35 (Priceline) and was much nicer. Pool wasn't heated (though advertised) and the "adult" hot tub was smaller than mine at home. The hot tub appeared to not have been cleaned in awhile either but didn't want to find out first hand. The 24 hour fitness room was very good - no sauna but all the machines. Can't coment on the lounge/other features.

• Stayed: March 2005
2  Thank richp5
Reviewed November 9, 2004

Last week my husband and I stayed at the Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa for 3 nights.
We travel very frequently and this was the worst hotel we have ever stayed in.

We had booked the hotel room 5 weeks ahead.
I had read one of your reviews that the rooms facing the freeway were noisy.
The night before we checked in, my husband called the hotel to request for a quiet kingsize room away from the freeway.The front desk noted the request.

When we arrived the next day, we were told that the room that has been assigned to us is facing the freeway!!!
The front desk reassigned another room.When we went up to the room, we discovered that there was a connecting door.
We were not happy with the room as we know from experience that such rooms tend to be noisy.
So, we ended up with the noisy room facing the freeway as they did not have any other room!

When we took a shower the first night, we found that the bath was clogged.
We left it at that as we were tired.
So, the next day, before we left the room, we called the front desk to see to the clog.
A note was left in the bathroom to say that the "tub was unplugged" by the Eng. while we were not in the room.

Apparently, the problem was not fixed as when one of us took a shower, the bath was still clogged up.
I called the front desk and someone came up and he said he's the engineer.
He fiddled in the bathroom for some 20 mins and then he said that it is fixed.

After he left, I turned the bath faucet on.To my disappointment, the bath was still clogged.
I called the front desk again and another engineer was sent up.
He tried to fix the problem for an hour and then said that that's the best he can do and something to do with the pipes of the next room being connected to our room.

No one called from the front desk to check whether the problem has been fixed.
The problem was still not solved after 3 attempts.
No one asked us whether we would like to move to another room.

We needed to stay in this particular hotel as our professional exam was being held there.
If not for the convenience, we really wouldn't have stayed there.

The room was old and dirty.It looks as though it could do with some urgent refurbishment.
For the rate that we paid, it was totally not worth it.
The staff were not friendly and housekeeping was not good as well.

We will never stay in this Hilton again.

4  Thank oranges8
Reviewed October 5, 2004

My Mom and I stayed here over Easter and had the best time. We we treated very well by the friendly staff. Down pillows were heavenly. We ordered the breakfast in bed and it was delicious.

This was a special treat for my elderly Mom as she had never stayed any place as elegant as this. I got a great deal on priceline.

I bought Mom a dozen roses for Easter and when we got back from breakfast, the staff had found a vase and put them in.

The decor is lovely. First class.

1  Thank Tweedle_10
Reviewed September 30, 2004

We stayed at the Mesa Hilton because it was close to the place where we had a meeting the next morning. My husband had called the night before to make sure they knew we needed a wheelchair accessible room. When we got to the hotel they told us that they had no indication that we needed an accessible room. At that point my husband was getting really upset. They told us they could get us an accessible room in another hotel but it was 9:30pm and I really did not want to repack the car and go to another hotel. They promised us they would get it straightened out for the next night and gave us a coupon for free dinner for two. The room was ok and the wheelchair fit thru the bathroom door but he could not get close to the sink. The next morning we stopped by the front desk and they said they already had an accessible room for us for that night. We had a meeting all day and asked them if they could move our bags from the regular room to the accessible room. We left for our meeting and did not return until about 4pm. When we went to our new room, they had moved everything and upgraded us to an accessible suite that was really nice. In the end they tried hard to make it right and they did. The hotel is nice but not superior. I would stay there again for convenience but the pool was really small and the hotel seemed like it had seen better days.

3  Thank Companion5935