“Open and Affirming Experience”

Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa
Ranked #9 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Reviewed June 10, 2014

As a recently married same sex couple, my husband and I explored many options in search of the perfect event venue. Although we ended up having an outdoor reception at a friend's central corridor home, we may have made a different decision had we explored this property. While experiencing a chef's table meal in their beautiful atrium setting, we were pleasantly surprised to encounter a fully welcoming staff. From start to finish the staff greeted us with open minds and helped us to feel incredibly welcome. The food surpassed our expectations wildly in both taste and presentation. This property is a hidden gem. I encourage any of you who are planning a same sex wedding to give this property your utmost consideration. You will be glad you did!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Mike K,

We appreciate you taking the time to write an incredible review for us through TripAdvisor. We value guests feedback so we will definitely acknowledge and congratulate our entire staff for their outstanding service. Hilton encourages and offers Pride and LGBT package specials, so feel free to inquire about these deals through our reservations agents. We treat all our of guests and clients equally regardless of their preferences so it is good to know our efforts do not go unnoticed. Again, thank you and please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Even though this hotel is obviously an older facility, it is well maintained and clean. The staff here are some of the best anywhere. The exercise facility is very nice. Having the TV monitors on each device and headsets from the front desk is really nice. Can't forget the huge drum of M&Ms' at the front desk. I always grab a cup full.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear William O,

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and am glad to hear your were happy. Our staff does their best to provide excellent service so I will make sure to thank them for their hospitality. We encourage you to ask about our renovated rooms the next time you are here, we're sure you'll like them.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I returned this year for my annual conference. I liked it even more this time. Felt like I was coming home. My check-in with Raysha was easy and friendly. I had gotten the upgrade to the Executive level. This put me on the 7th floor which was recently renovated (along with the 8th floor) and gave me access to the Executive lounge for continental breakfast and evening reception.
I went to my room first to check it out. It was beautifully appointed with new mattresses, linens, flat screen, marble counters in the bathroom, and full sized mirror. It also very spacious. I got worried because it overlooked the highway and a rooftop with an air conditioning unit. I could hear both a little in the room. I called down to see if I could move and they gladly offered another room. However, I decided to try one night. Glad I did! I did not notice any sounds and was very pleased with the room upgrades. (You never know what you will get when you trade rooms.)
I had vouchers for breakfast and enjoyed the selection. The wait staff was courteous and attentive. In fact, the next day, my waiter remembered that I took decaf. Now that is service!
I hope we stay here again next year. I will enjoy seeing the staff again, especially Gloria in the Executive Lounge. She is so personable and helpful, like a sister from another mother!

Room Tip: Get a room on the 7th or 8th floor. They were recently renovated.

Dear Faith P,

We appreciate your detailed response via TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. We strive to ensure every guest leaves happy so your feedback is very important. I am delighted to hear your stay went great and even better than the last. I have made sure to acknowledge our employees on their excellent service and passed along your comments to all our staff to encourage the good work. Please feel free to reach out to us on your next trip here with any preferences. We would like to make it even better!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Hilton used to stand for excellence; now it is more like we will see what we can do without doing. Service is not a priority and facilities need updating. Food is adequate, but not spectacular. Poor excuse for an exercise facility; front desk with attitude

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear Lee H,

I would like to start by thanking you for you response. We truly value every guest's feedback to help improve our hospitality and service. Second, I want to apologize for any inconveniences or for the lacking of making your stay excellent. We strive to ensure every guest leaves happy so your feedback will definitely be taken into deep consideration. We have renovated a few rooms and are looking into making bigger renovations in the future, so if you are ever back again don't forget to inquire about these rooms and facilities. We would love the opportunity to make your stay better and can ensure you we will take action in doing so. Again my apologies and feel free to contact us with any questions or requests.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

This property is located close to shopping and the freeway. The rooms are kept in excellent condition and the staff are always helpful. There was plenty of well lite parking and Hilton Honors members are greeted with a gift. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear revjcomage,

We appreciate your response via TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. It is great to hear your stay was convenient and service was excellent. We will make sure to emphasize the gratitude to our employees on their service. We look forward to having you again, don't hesitate to reach out the next time you are in town.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

This is an excellent property with an upscale feel. The room was large and always kept clean. The hotel is close to the freeway and shopping. The mall is just one block away. The only downside was the business center which offered no privacy. I would without a doubt stay here if in the area again

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear JCOMAGE,

Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor. We strive to ensure every guest leaves happy so your'e feedback is very important. I am glad to hear you were happy overall and would return to our property. Please let us know in advance if there is anything we can do for you.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Set in a peaceful location yet not far from the freeway. Won't win any prizes for design, decor or amenities but it does have friendly staff, good American fare ( particularly breakfast and bar appetisers ) , clean surroundings and the quirky touch of an M & M dispenser at the reception desk.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear GALLERY 1974,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We strive to ensure every guest leaves happy so we are glad to hear you thought of us a "hassle free" and friendly staff. We are looking into making some renovations in the future so the next time you are in the area make sure to inquire about our renovated rooms. We would like to make your stay outstanding!

Sincerely, Gary Levine, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mesa
Hyatt Place Phoenix/Mesa
Phoenix Marriott Mesa
Courtyard Phoenix Mesa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Mesa West
Residence Inn Phoenix Mesa
Hilton Phoenix Airport
Hilton Phoenix Airport
#16 of 174 in Phoenix

Been to Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa? Share your experiences!