“Good time”

Ranked #7 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Palm City, Florida
“Good time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel and really enjoyed my time there. Great customer service at the front desk and by the bellmen. Tyler Hancock was fantastic at recommending restaurants and just his general knowledge of the hotel! I didn't realize at first though that he was concierge, the first time I saw him he was just sweeping the entry and scraping berries off the ground in front of the hotel. I thought he was a landscaper or handyman. I realized later when I asked for a bellmen that that was his job too. Later during my stay I saw the other Tyler (Fox, Foxy, something like that, who was also fantastic BTW) and he was sweeping leaves and blowing leaves all the way into the gutter past the entrance and his boss had to go out and get his attention because he couldn't hear the phone over the blower. Poor fella had to jog back to her all out of breath and help guests who were getting a little impatient. (You see a lot when you take a smoke break out by the main entrance). Overall this hotel was great and you can't beat the can do attitude or customer service they provide, but maybe rethink the bellman/concierge/landscaper job combination as it comes off as a little offputting for someone who is looking for someone to be at the ready for service and not someone who has to put the blower and multiple extension cords away first.

2 Thank palmctytraveler
HiltonPhxEastMesa, Front Office Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear palmctytraveler:
Thank you for taking the time to provide us your comments on Trip Advisor for your recent stay. It is so nice to hear that everyone from the front desk to our bellman were there to assit you. Our bellman do have quiet a few responsibilities during their down time and most of the time they take it upon themselves to make sure the front is clean and kept up for our guests inbetween when our landscaping company comes out. I will make sure and pass these comments along to the staff as i know they will be happy to hear the feedback.
Thank you again and hope to see you again soon.
Take Care,
Alex Slingerland Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Surprisingly beautiful lobby and property - awesome bed and great restaurant. The meeting facilities were perfect, too. I would recommend this hotel to anyone doing business in the Phoenix, Mesa AZ area.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Rick B
HiltonPhxEastMesa, Front Office Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear A TripAdvisor Member :
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback from your recent stay with us. I am so pleased you had a pleasant experience and we hope to see you back again soon!
Have a great weekend!
Alex Slingerland Front office Manager
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

The service I received at Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa was outstanding. I checked in after a long day of traveling and from the moment of check-in, Guy, made me feel at home. Since then every employee I encountered went above and beyond making sure my visit was perfect. I'm a Diamond Member so had excess to the Executive Lounge. The breakfast was not what I expected from an Executive Lounge. They gave you small dessert type plates which you are supposed to put your food on. The buffet only offered scrambled eggs, cereal, oatmeal and some fruit. I excepted more of a hot breakfast and bigger plates. Other than that, I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HiltonPhxEastMesa, Front Office Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Amy M:
Thank you for taking the time to provide us your comments on Trip Advisor for your recent stay. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure and pass along your comments to the staff and to Guy as they always appreciate it. We hope to see you again in the future.
Take Care,
Sincerely Alex Slingerland Front Office Manager
Tinley Park, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

Beginning with being able to check in early & the friendly & helpful Ray @ the front desk through my check out 13 days later I have nothing but positives to say about my stay. The staff was friendly & helpful, the breakfast buffet was great, the room too, room service meals were tasty & reasonable & the location was close to all types of dining & shopping. I would look forward to staying there again my next time in the Phoenix area, thank you.

Room Tip: Trust the helpful folks manning the front desk to make a good recommendation.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear LJSUmp1:
Thank you for providing your comments on Trip Advisor for your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that your extended stay went well. I will make sure to pass along your comments to my staff.
Thank you again for the feedback and have a wonderful day.
Massapequa Park, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

We visited our son in Phoenix and had a very nice stay at the Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa. The hotel was neat, clean, safe, well located with plenty of free parking. It has everything you need and there are stores and restaurants nearby in addition to the gift shop and store in the hotel. Free available computers, free daily newspapers, spacious lobby..we were very happy with this hotel

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear dtarpo:
Thank you for providing your comments on Trip Advisor for your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come back and see us again if you are in the area! Thank you again for the feedback and have a great day.
Playa Coronado, Panama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for a weekend long conference and found everything to be as expected. The room was comfortable and well appointed - my only complaint was no water in the fridge but the coffee maker was most welcome and stocked with extra if asked for. In addition the gift shop downstairs was open at convenient times to stock up. I liked the line of bathroom amenities- decent quality. Room was cleaned with attention and promptness. We enjoyed the atrium bar on several occasions for drinks and dining and were pleased with service quality - most attentive. The Zuni restaurant was fine for breakfast and lunch - although the 'rock music' playing wasn't something I enjoy listening to - something a bit more mellow please. The pool area was very busy and small for the hotel size - everyday looked quite full but we did not have the opportunity to experience that. Service overall for us was exceptional - from check in with restaurant recommendations, to restaurant and bar service to assistance with cabs and such. For convention mornings loved the option of coffee in the lobby and for the afternoon sugar buzz - a large dispenser of M&M's. Unfortunately the area is a bit depressed with many empty strip malls. The Fiesta mall across the street was ok but I'm not a shopper so can't comment too much on that. The chains or Longhorns/OliveGarden/Red Lobster have come into the neighbourhood for other dining options. Our convention room held about 75 participants and it was fine. My four star rating is simply because it is a renovated hotel which does show some tiredness and the quiet area it is located in - for a convention though it was perfect.

Dear livethedream_8:
Thank you for providing your comments on Trip Advisor for your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while in the valley of the sun. Please come back and see us again if you are in the area as we are working on renovating our guest rooms! Thank you again for the feedback and have a great day.
Rochester, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

My daughter stayed here for a long weekend and was not impressed with the service at all. The first morning we went down to the Zuni restaurant for breakfast. The sign out front just said the time the breakfast buffet was served, no price mentioned. When we went in there was no offer of a menu or mention of the cost so I wasn't sure if it was included in our rate or not until we got our bill and it was $15 a person. Each time we asked for directions somewhere the front desk attendants didn't know. The one morning I aske the girl what hundred block the intersecting road was she had no clue what I was talking about and said she didn't live in Mesa and didn't know where the restaurant that I was inquiring about was. Not very helpful when you are visiting out of state. As far as the shuttle service, what a joke 3m radius. There isn't anywhere within 3m you would want to go in that area. The last night we were there we were looking at the sign to see when the restaurant opened for dinner. Amanda a Housekeeper came over and said she wasn't sure if they would be opening since their #' had been down. She asked at the front desk and of course he dind't know!!! So she suggested asking at the bar, and they told us they would be open. We headed out to the pool and Amanda came out later to clean up around the pool and asked us what we found out. I told her about our experience with the front desk and she apologized(not her fault!!!) She gave us some great ideas of things to do that evening so we went to Tempe Marketplace and had a great time and an awesome meal at the restaurant she suggested. Thank you Amanda!!!!! Finally someone who works in the hospitality but not directly was more than helpful and went out of her way. She deserves a promotion!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank HeidiO385
HiltonPhxEastMesa, Front Office Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear HeidiO385 :
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback of your recent stay on trip advisor. I am so sorry to hear that your stay was less that pleasant and our staff did not seem to be of service in the least. I can assure you this is definitly not the norm of our service here at the Hilton Mesa and I will address these concerns with the staff immidiately. Thank you again for the feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve.
I do hope you will come back and give us another chance to show you the great service we do provide.
Thank you and have a good day.