“Interesting hotel atrium”

Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa
Ranked #8 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The design of this hotel is quite interesting with a large central atrium and all rooms arranged around it facing outwards. The room was good however I felt it was starting to show signs of wear, nothing dramatic just the odd worn curtain etc.

I would reccomend this hotel if you are staying in the area.

Room Tip: As always higher is better and the sunrise view is quite pleasant (east facing)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
HiltonPhxEastMesa, Front Office Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Paulo82UK:
Thank you for providing your comments on Trip Advisor for your most recent stay with us. We always appreciate any feedback from our guests. I do hope you come back and see us again as we are in the process of undergoing a guest room renovation! If you are ever back in the area please do not hesitate to contact us and inquire about these newly upgraded rooms. Thank you again and have a great day.
Alex Slingerland Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,107)

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Staff was friendly and our room was pretty nice. We are not frequent travelers but have stayed in several hotels over the years and this room was the best we've seen in a while. It was decorated nicely and had 3 beds when you include the pull out couch bed which came in handy with 3 children. My wife and children enjoyed the pool while I worked during the day. It was a great time & we have no complaints.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
HiltonPhxEastMesa, Front Office Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Eric L:
Thank you for providing us your comments on Trip Advisor for your recent stay. I am so pleased to hear that your stay went well. I do hope you come back and see us again soon as we are in the process of renovating our guest rooms! I will definitly pass your comments along to our staff. Thank you again for the feedback and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We came back to the Hilton this year after being away for a few years, when I called to make my reservation Marge booked our rooms and I told her we used to stay at the Hilton for 15+ years, then we strayed off to try a few other hotels in the area. Once Marge new we were long time customers of Hilton she took very good care of us. Rachael (Ray) at the front desk was also very helpful and the bellman Tyler Fox was GREAT! The staff at the Hilton was very friendly and always willing to help with directions, places to eat, ect. Corwin in the executive lounge for breakfast was also a wonderful employee, catering to all your needs. One draw back is that during our stay there were families with young baseball teams staying there and the people took over the pool which is not fair to the other guests, they need to think of a way to accomadate all the guests, maybe a second pool since they do have land to extend. Also they need additional & new pool furniture.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonPhxEastMesa, Front Office Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear: 98LisaW98

Thank you for providing us with your comments on Trip Advisor for your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we meet your expectations. I will be sure to pass along your comments to Tyler, Marge, Ray and Corin as they will be happy to hear everything went well for you. I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future and please dont hesitate to contact marge for future reservations.
Thank you again and have a great day!
Sincerley,

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed at this hotel recently and really enjoyed the stay because of the great service provided by the staff. It started at the front desk with Brianne who made a great impression upon check-in. Gloria who works the happy hour on the executive floor provided great service and makes you feel like family. Patti provided good service during breakfast in their restaurant.

Dear MichaelLong1963:
Thank you for giving us your feedback on Trip Advisor! I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure and pass along your comments to Brianne, Patti and Gloria as well. We hope to see you again soon.
Take Care,

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This hotel looks nice from the outside. But once inside you will find a hotel in need of a complete overhaul. Large and very dark atrium with a lobby bar. Small pool area despite lots of open space surrounding the hotel. Oversized rooms and ok beds but TV was too small. They seemed to be understaffed in housekeeping. Rooms were not cleaned before late in the afternoon, typically between 5 and 6 pm.

Neighborhood is quite depressing. Hotel is surrounded by huge parking space and vacant commercial real estate. But there is a large, and still open, shopping mall nearby called the Fiesta Mall.

Hilton should really make their mind up about this facility; sell it, close it or renovate. As it is now it is quite depressing

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear: eralaj
Thank you for providing us your comments on Trip Advisor for your stay with us. Back in October of 2012 we started a room renovation which will pick back up starting in May of this year. In this renovation we are updating all carpet, bathroom will not have contemporary glass tile in the shower, new tile entry and tile in bathroom. Rooms will also recieve all new updated fixtures and fresh paint through out. I do hope you come back and see us again to experience one of our newly renovated guest rooms.
Thank you again for your feedback and take care.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We have been staying at Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa for 18 years for Spring Training - it is our paradise away from Home. The staff is always so welcoming from Kim and Marge in reservations, Tyler as a Bellman to Kurt at the desk during the night, Jaimi and Patty at breakfast, Cheff Mario and Joe. They alway are so friendly and make us feel special every day!!! Truely we continue to come back each year as Gloria in the VIP Lounge always takes care of any need we have, makes sure we are happy and satified and always provides us with a smile and wonderful conversation. Yes, the hotel is clean and very nice, but its the staff that keep us coming back!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Christine J, Front Office Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Dear DebBernl-
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am truly glad to hear year after year you enjoy your stay! We strive to make sure every guest has the best time while they are here, and your feedback is greatly appreciated. We are honored you choose for us to be your home away from home while you are in the valley to watch spring training! Thank you again and have a great summer! See you next March!
Christine Jakupovic
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I'm a business traveler who spend 4 nights / month in the Mesa, AZ area. I have stayed at the Hilton East many nights and the quality of the hotel continues to go the wrong way. Room not made up when I get back at 5 in the afternoon. No longer water bottles provided in the room (I'm Honors Gold) and no paper left at the door in the morning. The woman in the Exec Lounge, Gloria, is the only bright spot that the Hilton has to offer. She does a great job. Anyway I may switch to the Hyatt on Bass Pro Drive. The reduced service at the Hilton East has been disappointing.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear J S-
I want to thank you first for your time that you spent to share your feedback with us. I am truly sorry to hear that your experiences here have been dropping. I am deeply dissapointed we have not been giving the level of service you deserve and had at one point. I will pass along the kind words regarding Gloria- as well as the feedback on the rooms not being cleaned and the lack of water bottles given out anymore. I am so sorry to hear these things have not been happening. If you will contact me directly, I would love to see what we can do to fix the situation, and see about keeping you here. Thank you again for your feedback either way, as it is what we use to improve ourselves and if you need any assistance, please feel free to contact me directly.
Christine Jakupovic