“Lots of children/noise” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Durham, United Kingdom
“Lots of children/noise”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here over the weekend 18th Feb the rooms were not quite ready you could see the hotel was extremely busy however the staff were very apologetic. There were lots of children various groups different ages and they were running all over the bar area, reception on the floors playing in the lifts even past 11pm!! We ordered food in the bar area but took at least an hour to arrive as again very busy and short staffed. We cannot complain about the staff however they were very pleasant and trying their best However I think they should have spoken to the parties with children on behaviour in the hotel and around other guests

• Stayed February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HiltonPhxEastMesa, Front Office Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Nicola Simpson:
Thank you for submitting your comments on Trip Advisor for your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Mesa. I am so sorry for the issues your experienced while you were here. I understand how it could have been frustrating with the amount of traffic we had coming in and out of our hotel over the weekend. I will pass your comments along to the apprioprate management as we are always striving to look for ways to better our services. We greatly apprecaite the feedback and do hope that you will come back and see us again in the fututre.
Alex Slingerland Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

So - we show up for a weekend soccer tournament. Chaotic front desk experience, bell man had no control over stored luggage as most rooms were not ready until past 3 pm. Two people had bags taken as there was no control - my daughter climbed over suitcases to find ours. They must have been short maids as no one checking in before 3 or 3:30 pm.

Rooms were fine and spacious but phones did not work. Ordered a wake up call and none arrived. Then was awoken today as they had apparently not properly swiped my card when I checked in - so they woke up my family - you can imagine how upset we were. To compound things - room 323 had a plumbing sound that was recurring each evening and made it hard to sleep.

The good news was that the executive lounge was well run and stocked. The servers there were very friendly. Downstairs - the food service was very slow and several of us had bills where food or drinks were mistakenly added to our bill. Overall - the service was lacking and slow and would not recommend to anyone - especially during a busy weekend.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor facing the mountains
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
HiltonPhxEastMesa, Front Office Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Randy H:
Thank you for writing your comments on trip advisor for your most recent stay with us here at the Hilton Mesa. I sincerely apologize that you did not have a good experience while you were here. As always we strive to make sure that every guest leaves happy and I would love to personally discuss this further with you. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel at your earliest convenience. Again I am truly sorry for the experience you had and hope to talk to you soon.
Thank you for the feedback.
uk
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

My employer arranges this as our works stopover hotel when Phoenix. On arriving on 13th of February 2013, I was allocated room 519. Room is clean and tidy and service purposefully a good sleep. This was all okay for the first night. On the Friday afternoon, the hotel was over run by very many children. There appear to be no control over their behaviour. Many were running around the corridors until gone 11 PM. Is also included much screaming down corridors, and fun use of the lift. The m n m machine on the reception desk, had been removed from the reception by hotel staff. Uncomplaining to the reception desk, hotel started it was the fourth of the parents. Apologies were offered , but nonetheless try to sleep before work duty was freshly impossible. If this was paid for with my money, I would have checked out by now. If this hotel values large groups of children i hope i dont have to stay here again at weekends. Poor effort Hilton.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HiltonPhxEastMesa, Front Office Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear ianbeale (uk):
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments about your recent stay on trip advisor. We are always striving to increase our guests experience and welcome all feedback. I am sorry to hear that your experience was not what you would expect from a Hilton. We currently do have a few sports teams inhouse and have added extra management and security to ensure everyone is comfortable and has a pleasant stay. I do appreciate the feedback and if you have any questsions of wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me directly.
Thank for the feedback.
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Above average Hilton, 8 on a scale of 0-10. The front desk staff was always great, regardless of the time of day.

The Executive Lounge is excellent. They have a limited hot breakfast (eggs, meat), plus fruit, bread, bagels, pastry. The evening reception in the lounge is great. Hot food and an open bar (unusual within CONUS). The Executive Lounge staff are very polite and considerate.

Based on the hotel's interior layout--it had a large, full building atrium--I think it used to be an Embassy Suites. This would also explain my room size. It was huge, probably 12' x 28'.

The Fiesta Mall is a block west of the hotel, and there are also some strip malls nearby with fast food and local restaurants.

The gym is okay, getting a 6 on a 0-10 scale because it is a little small and has limited numbers of machines.

I did not use the restaurant, but it looked fine.

My stay was in January 2013.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tim G:
Thank you for taking the time to fill out your comments on trip advisor for your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear your had a pleasant stay with us and i will make sure to pass along your comments to our staff as it is always appreciated.
Have a wonderful day and i hope to see you back again soon.
Sincerely, Alex Slingerland Front Office Manager
Mesa, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Not much into honoring the HHonors rules and Gold and Diamond Elites as far as room upgrades. This staff apparently felt an upgrade to the Exec Lounge was an upgrade when in reality it is an automatic benefit being a Gold or Diam Elite.

Room Tip: South side Jr suite or north side ..09 number rooms or balcony suites........Presidential Suite is A...
Dear Randy S:
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments on Trip Advisor for your recent stay. I am so sorry to hear that your expectations for providing our Hilton Honors guests was not up to par. I can assure you we value our honors memebers and greatly apprecaite your business. I apprecaite the feedback as this gives us an opportunity to constantly improve our guests experience while they are here. If you wish to disucss this further please feel free to contact me directly.
Again I am truly sorry and do hope you will give us a second chance in the future.
Dallas, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

The staff here is great and go out of their way to make you as comfortable as possible. Gloria in the executive lounge is a particularly great staff member who makes you feel like you're not even away on business. Keep up the great work Gloria. The hotel is currently undergoing renovations to the rooms. Last month I had a newly renovated room and this week I have a room that hasn't gotten renovated yet. Still the friendly staff and location make up for it and once all the rooms have been renovated I am sure this place will be the Hotel to stay at. Old Chicago is across the street, Red Lobster, Fiesta Mall, Best Buy, and a lot of other locations just a short distance away. I will be staying here on all my future travels to the Phoenix area.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the golf course have a beautiful view of the sunrise in the mornings. Words cannot expl...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonPhxEastMesa, Front Office Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear John V:
Thank you for staying with us here at the Hilton Phx East Mesa and I am glad to hear you had a good experience. We greatly appreciate the feedback and I will make sure to pass this along to the staff expecially Gloria. Please let me know when you are coming back to stay with us and I will do my best to make sure we get you into a renovated room. Thank you again and have a wonderful day.

Caracas, Venezuela
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Typical Airport Hotel that has seen better days, located approx 12 miles from the Phoenix Airport. Fast food chains and a shopping mall are within walking distance. Booked a Junior suite and was quite disappointed by the accommodation which was below average. First thing that hit me was a permeating disagreeable musty smell of the room, probably due to the old wall to wall carpet. Furniture was quite shabby and cheap looking, the sofa and sitting chair of the antechamber were faded and unappealing. The bedroom was somewhat saved by the flat TV screen and a fairly good mattress. The air conditioning was very noisy as well as the bathroom fan. Bathroom was standard.
Was awakened early in the morning by the next door neighbor shower which sounded abnormally high, I guess due to the dry thin walls separating the rooms.
Was charged a double fee for the Internet service, one for the iPad and the other for the iPhone; was told that the hotel charges a fee for every device, after a bit of complaining one of the fee was removed from my bill.
Room service was fast and the food acceptable.
Meeting facilities were adequate. There is a regular swimming pool and parking is free.
Understand that the hotel lobby and the rooms will be renovated in the near future.

Room Tip: Not worth paying for room upgrades.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HiltonPhxEastMesa, Front Office Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Kh445 (Caracas, Venezuela:

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you taking the time in your response as we are always trying to find ways to improve on our services. I am truly sorry to hear about the frustrations with your room accommidations not meeting your expectations during your stay. As you know we are in the processof undergoing a guestroom renovation which consists of new tile, carpet, paint, figures, and contemporary bathroom remodel. We have just released our first set of renovation rooms back into inventory for our guests and would love for you to come back and experience the new updated look. We do very much value and appreciate your business with our hotel and hope to see you again on your next trip to Mesa! Thank you again.
Alex Slingerland