“Five Star Service at Four Star Property”

Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa
Ranked #8 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Service makes this a five star location. Management has clearly instilled the importance of service and caring in their staff. This is a very good four star hotel facility that does show some signs of aging. However, they are clearly all about making your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Highly recommended as an excellent mid-level hotel choice.

Room Tip: Executive Level upgrade is worth the extra $11 per night for continental breakfast and wine and snac...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear jwwcpa,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa and taking the time to provide us with your feedback, as we take it very seriously. I am glad to hear our hospitality has left an impression with you. Please be advised we are currently undergoing room renovations to better our facility for our guests. Once again thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you in the near future to see the changes we have made.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We were forced to stay here as part of a hockey tournament. They followed all of our group, parents included, and got mad for the slightest thing. On our final night, they had a huge Somali wedding that spilled out into their atrium. From 1am to 4am nobody could sleep. People were screaming, hooting, hollering, and honking horns. When we called to complain, we were told that it's Somali culture to party until 4am and there was nothing they could do about it. Horrible hotel! Horrible service!!!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank GoalieDad29
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear GoalieDad29,

I sincerely apologize to you for not meeting your expectations in several different areas while you were here. We take all of our guest’s safety and security very seriously and want to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere in our hotel for everyone. We thank you for the feedback as we are always striving to increase guest satisfaction here at the hotel.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is a great hotel, it has one of the friendliest and professional staffs I have had the oppurtunity to encounter. I have made serval trips to this area and I am sure the most added value with the best customer service would come from this hotel!

Dear Michael M,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa and taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you again soon!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

My overall experience at this hotel was excellent. The staff were very friendly and accomodating. The executive lounge is a nice place to unwind after a long day at work. The front desk offers coffee in the morning and unlimited m & ms on the counter....yum!! When I first checked in I was put in a room facing the highway. I went back down to the desk and they worked very hard to find me a nice quiet room away from the freeway. I recommend requesting a room away from the freeway if you are a light sleeper. I rated the rooms average as I agree with another reviewer that the bathrooms could use updating but hey.....how much time do you spend in the bathroom and they were not bad....just average.

Room Tip: If you are a llight sleeper, ask for one away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear CardanW,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa and taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and our amenities. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

The Hilton in Mesa is blessed with some of the friendliest staff that I have experienced. The stay was effortless.
My room was sparkling. The hotel was well presented and maintained, clean and organized. Each morning during my stay there were people washing the front entryway!
The front desk staff was friendly and helpful each time I had interactions with them and they even welcomed you with enthusiasm each time you came in. It made me feel valued as a customer.
I had dinner two nights in their atrium bar area, usually after 8pm. The bar was well attended by patrons and I used a table. I had a Cobb Salad the first night and it was very fresh and just perfect for serving size. Nothing unusual, but very nice and not overflowing with dressing. The second evening I had the Kobe Burger Sliders and they were excellent with wonderful sauce, flavor and wonderful buns. The dish left me wishing there were three instead of two. I had the Chocolate "volcano" cake with hot chocolate sauce in the center served with strawberries - sounded wonderful - but needed work. I would not order this again.
The morning buffet breakfast is wonderful but pricy. The coffee was strong, dark, full rich and wonderful. I wish I had some at home. Normal buffet fare with scrambled eggs, sausage, hashbrowns etc. Very nice cook-to-order omelet station and very good pastry selection. Two outstanding features - the applewood smoked bacon was awesome, as was the unexpected selection of flavored chicken sausages which were excellent.
All of the interactions I had with the staff were far above most of my experiences and my expectations.
I did not use the fitness center nor the business office so I can not address that area. I did use the wireless connections and never had any signal loss or slow connections.
I would look forward to staying here again and would feel certain that the stay would be effortless.
Only one tip: Don't buy toothpaste from the hotel's store, it is $6.69 a tube.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear RWandCW,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa and providing us with your wonderful feedback. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will address the volcano cake concern with our head Chef. Again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed in an alcove suite, a nice big room with a sitting area. There were a few odd things including that once a day, usually early in the morning the smoke alarm in our room would beep once, waking us up. We told the desk, but it didn't seem to matter, as nothing was done. There is breakfast included with this room, something slightly better than a continental breakfast and quite good. But it is in small lounge room with not quite enough seats, and a bit dirty. The hotel has a feel like no one at a senior level is managing. Nice gym. Of the three printers available for guests to use, none of them worked, and again, no one really seemed to be interested in handling that. The place is a mixed bag. We'd stay there again, but I am also likely to see what else is out there before I do.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear RBTRAV,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa and providing us with your feedback, as we take it very seriously. I apologize your concerns were not addressed right away and I assure you that will be fixed immediately. Our lounge will be undergoing renovations per Hilton standards next year. We would love for you to stay with us again, as we would like to show you our exceptional hospitality we pride ourselves on.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is the second Hilton I've used. The bathrooms need to be updated. They're old and cruddy. The food is sub standard. The rooms aren't the cleanest and also need updating. But the staff here were the best. I would consider staying here again only because its close to me son's home.

Room Tip: Ask to face the golf course or you will end up looking at the parking lot.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mesa
Hyatt Place Phoenix/Mesa
Phoenix Marriott Mesa
Courtyard Phoenix Mesa
Residence Inn Phoenix Mesa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Mesa West
Hilton Phoenix Airport
Hilton Phoenix Airport
#13 of 174 in Phoenix

Been to Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa? Share your experiences!