“Great business hotel”

Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa
Ranked #8 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My overall experience at this hotel was excellent. The staff were very friendly and accomodating. The executive lounge is a nice place to unwind after a long day at work. The front desk offers coffee in the morning and unlimited m & ms on the counter....yum!! When I first checked in I was put in a room facing the highway. I went back down to the desk and they worked very hard to find me a nice quiet room away from the freeway. I recommend requesting a room away from the freeway if you are a light sleeper. I rated the rooms average as I agree with another reviewer that the bathrooms could use updating but hey.....how much time do you spend in the bathroom and they were not bad....just average.

Room Tip: If you are a llight sleeper, ask for one away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear CardanW,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa and taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and our amenities. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Sincerely, Gary Levine, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,106)

Reviewed November 9, 2012

The Hilton in Mesa is blessed with some of the friendliest staff that I have experienced. The stay was effortless.
My room was sparkling. The hotel was well presented and maintained, clean and organized. Each morning during my stay there were people washing the front entryway!
The front desk staff was friendly and helpful each time I had interactions with them and they even welcomed you with enthusiasm each time you came in. It made me feel valued as a customer.
I had dinner two nights in their atrium bar area, usually after 8pm. The bar was well attended by patrons and I used a table. I had a Cobb Salad the first night and it was very fresh and just perfect for serving size. Nothing unusual, but very nice and not overflowing with dressing. The second evening I had the Kobe Burger Sliders and they were excellent with wonderful sauce, flavor and wonderful buns. The dish left me wishing there were three instead of two. I had the Chocolate "volcano" cake with hot chocolate sauce in the center served with strawberries - sounded wonderful - but needed work. I would not order this again.
The morning buffet breakfast is wonderful but pricy. The coffee was strong, dark, full rich and wonderful. I wish I had some at home. Normal buffet fare with scrambled eggs, sausage, hashbrowns etc. Very nice cook-to-order omelet station and very good pastry selection. Two outstanding features - the applewood smoked bacon was awesome, as was the unexpected selection of flavored chicken sausages which were excellent.
All of the interactions I had with the staff were far above most of my experiences and my expectations.
I did not use the fitness center nor the business office so I can not address that area. I did use the wireless connections and never had any signal loss or slow connections.
I would look forward to staying here again and would feel certain that the stay would be effortless.
Only one tip: Don't buy toothpaste from the hotel's store, it is $6.69 a tube.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear RWandCW,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa and providing us with your wonderful feedback. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will address the volcano cake concern with our head Chef. Again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed in an alcove suite, a nice big room with a sitting area. There were a few odd things including that once a day, usually early in the morning the smoke alarm in our room would beep once, waking us up. We told the desk, but it didn't seem to matter, as nothing was done. There is breakfast included with this room, something slightly better than a continental breakfast and quite good. But it is in small lounge room with not quite enough seats, and a bit dirty. The hotel has a feel like no one at a senior level is managing. Nice gym. Of the three printers available for guests to use, none of them worked, and again, no one really seemed to be interested in handling that. The place is a mixed bag. We'd stay there again, but I am also likely to see what else is out there before I do.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear RBTRAV,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa and providing us with your feedback, as we take it very seriously. I apologize your concerns were not addressed right away and I assure you that will be fixed immediately. Our lounge will be undergoing renovations per Hilton standards next year. We would love for you to stay with us again, as we would like to show you our exceptional hospitality we pride ourselves on.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is the second Hilton I've used. The bathrooms need to be updated. They're old and cruddy. The food is sub standard. The rooms aren't the cleanest and also need updating. But the staff here were the best. I would consider staying here again only because its close to me son's home.

Room Tip: Ask to face the golf course or you will end up looking at the parking lot.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was staying here for a conference in the hotel, so it was convenient.

The staff is very nice and helpful, the facilities are pretty good (the hotel is definitely on the older side), and the atrium is very nice.

Breakfast was great - they have a huge buffet. I ate dinner twice at the restaurant - both meals were surprisingly good for a hotel restaurant. My only issue is the food is overpriced, but not surprising given your in a hotel.

The room was spacious and comfortable. The walls are a bit thin, and I could hear people outside on their balconies, but it wasn't a big deal.

There are only a few restaurants/shops within walking distance, so it's helpful if you have a car.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeffrey K
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear Jeffrey K,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Clean, friendly staff, good food, VERY reasonable prices. What more can you ask? AAA+++
its close to lots of great restaurants and its own restaurant is excellent. Room service was quick and easy. The executive level has a breakfast that was good and calm and manned by a most helpful and friendly attendant. Getting upgraded to Executive level is worth doing.

Room Tip: Take the cheap upgrade AFTER getting the best price. 7th and 8th floors are Executive levels.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris B
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The staff make this hotel. Everyone was just great. Checking in was effortless and free M&Ms. I enjoyed the 9 holes golf course right next door. I was upgraded. Nice pool area with plenty of sitting. The weather couldn't better there was plenty of sun

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Alan K,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, we greatly appreciate it. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the amenities. We hope to see you again soon!