“Convenient Location, Comfortable, Nice Stay”

Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa
Ranked #8 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Boston, Massachusetts
“Convenient Location, Comfortable, Nice Stay”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed at the hotel this past April, 2012 for a few nights while I attended a conference at the Hilton Phoenix Chandler (that hotel was fully booked by the time I looked for a room - luckily, this one had rooms available!) - I had a very nice and comfortable stay!

My room was very spacious and clean, and the bed was very comfortable. You can tell its an older hotel, but its very well maintained and spotless! I thought the lounge in the main area was very classy with its water-walls and updated bar/seating. There is a cute little gift shop with a variety of items, and the pool is very nice!

The Breakfast Buffet was average - the scrambled eggs were cold every morning, but there was a good amount of selection otherwise including fresh fruit, cereals, juices, pastry, etc.

In terms of the surrounding area - I noticed that there had been some shops at one point, but they all looked closed down/vacant. It did look like there was a small mall down the street, and there were a few restaurants within close proximity.

Overall, I had a very nice stay - great for someone traveling on business!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear Keyofdee,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our amenities were to your satisfaction.

We hope you stay with us next time you are in town for business!

Sincerely, Gary Levine, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at while on business. As one of the few Hiltons that still offer an Executive Lounge, they offer breakfast, appetizers and drinks for their lounge guests. The gym has free weights, and various cardio machines, along with TVs and complimentary headphones for the machines. The staff are friendly and the rooms are spacious.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Toni C,

Thank you for your gracious comment. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and utilized the hotel amenities. I truly hope we do see you again soon!

Mesa, AZ
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel because my high school reunion was held here. For the price, it is clean and somewhat elegant. You can tell that the hotel is an older hotel, but it is clean and has modern amenities. I like the way they covered the comforter with a sheet for cleanliness, so you didn't have to use the comforter against your body (from what I heard, ALL hotels don't wash but once every few months) ...

The bed was very comfortable, and this was the first time in any hotel that the pillows were actually comfortable too! I slept like a baby. Restrooms are very nice! We had access to the Executive Suite, and received free cocktails in the evening, and free breakfast in the morning.

The ONLY problem I encountered was my check-in, it took about half an hour, and I was in a hurry to get ready for my reunion. This could have happened to anyone, at any time, so it wasn't that big of a deal.

A very worthy hotel that I would use again!!

Room Tip: If you have any kids traveling with you, the 2 Queen Suite is perfect with 2 queens, and a queen sof...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear tbenn8,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa. I appreciate your feedback and I would like to sincerely apologize for the longer than normal check in process. We do everything we can to get rooms ready when we have big groups in-house, such as your group. We will continue to improve this process so it does not happen again. Once again thank you for taking the time to write a response. We hope to see you again very soon.

Claremont, California
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The hotel is well maintained, the staff is efficient and hospitable, and the amenities are very good. This rates as one of my best hotel stays. I highly recommend this Hilton.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear ewcomments,

Your comment is much appreciated. I am happy to hear your stay with us was great. We hope to see you again soon!

Pinetop-Lakeside, Arizona
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton in Mesa this past weekend. It is a nice hotel with large rooms. The only problem I had was in the shower. The shower had 2 soap dishes mounted to the wall -- one at tub height and one at a higher leve. (head high for me and I am 5'5"). I dropped the shampoo and when I went to pick it up, I hit my head hard on the upper soap dish.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Dear travelinfoolfromaz,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa. I sincerely apologize for the troubles experienced with the layout of our shower/tub. We are currently in the process of undergoing some renovations which would include the bathroom and we will definitely take your feedback seriously. Thank you again and we do hope to see you again in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My first ever review but feel compelled to comment on this occasion.
I have stayed at this hotel 3 times within the past 6 months on golf trips and have to say how refreshing to stay in such a welcoming and comfortable hotel.
I work for an airline and so consequently stay in numerous hotels, mostly around Europe, but none come close to offering the all round experience I look for in a hotel.

Check in is fast and welcoming.

Rooms are spacious, beds comfortable and possess all room amenities you would hope for, including an excellent coffee machine. Air-con worked fantastically (even in 110 degree heat outside) and wasn't noisy. The cleaning team were efficient and always made sure my room was cleaned at convenient times of day.
The pool area, whilst not huge, is well maintained and the sun-beds very comfortable with clean towels always available.

ALL staff are incredibly motivated, friendly and really cannot do enough for you. Sometimes it's easy to forget what good customer service is.......at Hilton Phoenix East, Mesa it's obvious that good customer service is integral to it's existence. Special thanks go to Drew, one of the concierge's, who seemed to have the patience of a Saint fielding countless enquiries with humour and good knowledge, and to Melinda, whose communication in my initial booking emails took all stress away from the booking process. Also to all the bar staff who were attentive to my every need.
I ate food (and had an occasional beer) in the very comfortable atrium bar area, or in the restaurant, most days and cannot fault the quality, nor the price.

Although I was staying for leisure reasons I noticed the hotel catered for conferences and airline staff which i'm sure this hotel is the perfect choice for.
My room bill for all 3 visits surprised me on how low it was and the check out process was as quick as the check in!

Oh, and finally the foyer complementary coffee in the mornings and lemonade and ice-tea (and cookies!) together with the M&M's on tap are a very nice touch..thank you!

2 Thank Simon_R1966
, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Dear Simon_R1966,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind comment about our hotel and staff. We strive for exceptional service and I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again when you are in the Phoenix/Mesa area.

I would like to thank you again as we really appreciate feedback from our guests.

Dothan, Alabama
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This Hilton is a little older than some but the service is well worth the stay. Even though it is an older place, the rooms are very comfortable and clean. Best part of this place is the genuine hospitality and concern shown by the entire staff. Also with a smile and a "have a great day" attitude. Breakfast was perfect as well. I will be staying there on my next trip to Mesa!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Bill O,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa. Your feedback is much appreciated and I would like to thank you for your delightful comments. We always love hearing positive feedback from our guests. We hope to see you again in the near future.