This hotel has serious management problems. Apparently there is only one employee on duty at any time. I arrived at about 4:00 PM and the front office was locked. There is a sign on the window that the office is temporarily closed and the staff will return shortly. 30 minutes later, no one had showed up, so I left and ran some errands.
When I returned at about 5:30, the clerk was there. I requested a ground floor room. She said none were a available. OK, fine. She assigned me to a 2nd floor room. However, when I got to the room, the electronic key card did not work. So I returned to the office, and again, the office was locked. I waited almost an hour before she returned again.
She assigned me to a different room, and when I got there, the wi-fi was basically non-operational. Only 1 bar of signal strength, and it took 5 minutes to connect to any web site. I returned to the front office and complained, and requested another room closer to the wi-fi access point. She reassigned me to another room,, a first floor room, which she previously said was unavailable This room had the wi-fi router right there in the room, but still, only 1 bar of signal. I was ready to leave and go to another hotel but by then it was getting late so I stayed.
The next morning, at 5:30 AM, somebody fixed something. The wi fi came back up and I was finally able to get some work done over the internet.
The front desk clerk tried very hard to please me, I don't fault her, it's an ownership/management problem.
The grounds of the hotel were a mess. There was trash everywhere. All of the trash cans around the hotel were overflowing. A little picnic area was also a mess.
Get your act together!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cash is accepted as a form of payment for those guests paying by a weekly or monthly rate. A valid credit card must be kept on file for incidentals. Cash is not accepted as a method of payment for guests paying the daily rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Extended Stay, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homestead Studio Suites Phoenix-Mesa Hotel Mesa
- Extended Stay America Mesa