“Great location...great value...no pool!”

Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West
Ranked #28 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Phoenix
“Great location...great value...no pool!”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Huge closet, nice full kitchen, friendly staff but no pool. Not a big deal for me but it was to my nieces who stayed with me. There was no indication on the website as to whether or not there was a pool and that information would be helpful for those who have children who love to swim. Otherwise, I would most definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Thank you so very much for your nice review of Homestead Phoenix - Mesa. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed March 5, 2012

We had to spend last night here after told no more nights left at Candlewood Suites. Well that was a 4* suite and cost double what this did ! So this is really 2 stars but I did not want to call it poor. It is very basic and inside room we had was just tired. You get what you need. A place to cook a little something, bath, soft bed, and place to sit and watch TV. I liked the fact they took pets(we did not have ours) and my husband could get a smoking room. I did not find dirty just worn! It is close to shopping and restaurants. My husband ? safety when night came and he saw some "thugs" around but, many young people dress like thugs to him. I would say if on budget check it out. If not go elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Corvette87
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Phoenix - Mesa . It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Santa Ana, California, United States
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I recently used points from my BofA Visa to stay at this hotel. I almost checked out after walking in the room, and paying for a room somewhere else. My "Suite" was about 200 sq ft, smaller than most kids bedrooms. It smelled of smoke, even though the entire wing was non smoking. Carpet was dirty, cabinets chipped, lamp shades stained, and in general the place was very shabby. It was basically a Motel 6 with a kitchenette crammed in. The room was actually smaller than most Motel 6 rooms. I noticed many transients in the parking lot, loading and unloading belongings fro, trucks and vans. Most of my neighbors were people kicked out of apartments, living here for a week or two until they could find another rental to be kicked out of. I kid you not. I was perhaps the only business person in the complex. The "free internet" is a joke, it would not power the most basic sites, and kept crashing. They want you to "upgrade" to a higher wifi service that they promote as not crashing. Sad sad sad. Lesson learned here, I will never use points for a hotel that is not a highly rated property.

Room Tip: Ask for a large suite, not their standard small room. They are crap!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Gary W
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Phoenix - Mesa . Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Travelers are raving about these Mesa hotels

Hobbs, NM
Reviewed March 28, 2011

I booked one night at this 2* hotel through Priceline. Should have seen the place first. Building looks OK from the outside, but our room was below a 1* standard. It was very small with age-worn, dirty furniture and carpet. There were cigarette burns on the bathroom sink and a hole burned in the bedspread in this non-smoking room. My first clue came when I entered the small unattractive office.

I always try to find something positive to report about the places that I stay, but this facility challenges me. OH, YES, It was quiet.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank retiree1986
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed March 8, 2011

We booked two nights at this hotel on the Internet. Should have seen the place first. Building looks ok from the outside, but our room was awful.....very small, age-worn, dirty furniture and carpet and they charge for internet use. We had hoped to stay for a week while we searched for a home in Phoenix but checked out after our two night committment and moved to a Super 8 where we had a nice breakfast, convenient laundry facilities, FREE internet, etc. We travel with a dog and this facility accepts pets but we had to pay $25/day! Most other motels charge $5 to $10. Very unhappy with the whole experience.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hilly14
Susanlarson, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West, responded to this review, March 10, 2011

Arizona
Reviewed November 19, 2009

No it is not a four star what it is is clean, safe, walking distance to the good egg, walking distance to a pond, close to the freeway and quiet. Fridge, two burners, small tv, counter and quiet for sleeping...yeah and I was here for over a month. The staff were kind and genuine and respectful.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Susanlarson, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West, responded to this review, November 25, 2009
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Phoenix - Mesa . It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Arizona
Reviewed June 30, 2009

Do not stay here. It is horrible. You definitely do NOT get what you pay for. I had to stay for an extended period of time with a pet, so this was one of my only options as far as hotels go. When I first came to stay, there was a bug infestation. I was finding bugs everywhere! I had to go buy my own bug spray and take care of the issue. Also, the AC unit stopped working properly towards the end of June. If anyone knows anything about AZ then you know it's HOT in June. They refused to take care of the issue because I had a pet in the room. Ridiculous! I was told by multiple employees there that if I locked the dog in the bathroom that they would send the repair guy in to fix it. Well, I locked my dog in the bathroom but they still refused to go repair the unit. So, not only was my dog locked up all day while I was at work, but I had to SUFFER without adiquate AC in ARIZONA in JUNE! They actually had the nerve to tell me to take the day off of work so that I could be there while he fixed the AC. I should NOT have to miss a day of work, and not get paid for it, just because their AC wasn't working!!
Horrible, horrible, horrible! Do not stay here!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank mewicka88
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mesa
Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Mesa West
Days Hotel Mesa Near Phoenix
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tempe/mesa/phoenix Area
Residence Inn Phoenix Mesa

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West? Share your experiences!