“Bragging about my favorite golf club.”

Dobson Ranch Golf Course
Ranked #10 of 27 Outdoor Activities in Mesa
More attraction details
Owner description: Designed by Red Lawrence, this 18-hole Bermuda Grass course plays 6,593 yards from the back tees to 5,598 yards from the front at par 72.
West Kelowna, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Bragging about my favorite golf club.”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Dobson Ranch Golf Course is a wonderful golf course often taken too lightly..Concentrate or you will rack up some extra strokes just like that.Putting skills are for sure a very important issue here.the greens are challenging.Very well kept and most of the year in a very good condition.The bar and restaurant offer decent food and happy hour prices for your after game drinks.Altogether with the staff in the proshop a very professional golf club.

Visited January 2014

Victoria, Canada
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Recommend”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

This course was recommended to us by a Phoenix resident and we were not disappointed. It was our first time playing this municipal course so I have a few comments. Our tee time was 7:41 am and we were surprised by the chill but we were in a cart. In retrospect we should have walked the course because it made for a nice walk. Skip the cart in future. The fairways were well maintained and we found the greens true. We played The Legacy the day before and putting there was like playing on a billiard table. The washrooms at Dobson were clean and the pace of play was around four hours as I recall. The staff were all friendly and helpful and I would play there again

Visited February 2014
Vancouver Island, Canada
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Good value”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We played here in January 2014 at 11:30 for $35 ($45 with cart). The twilight rate (1 pm) drops to $24 and before Christmas you can play before 1pm for $26. The terrain is fairly flat and the course is quite walkable and many people do walk. The front is about 500 yards longer than the back (par 37 to par 35 with 3 par 3s on the back). There are lots of trees and some holes have housing that could be in play depending on how erratic you are. Some fairways are close together so you need to watch for 'incoming' balls. Greens are quite sloped and the pin placements can be 'interesting'-I think that this is one way they 'toughen-up' the course. We have always had a delay at #12 and this time was no exception; 15-20 minutes with 3 groups on this hole but there is a (strategically placed?) snack shack here to help with the wait. Pace of play was 41/2 hours which was OK considering the time of day that we went out and how busy the course always is. We saw a ranger several times so I think they are conscious of the pace. Hint: you might want to play a coloured ball on #10 as there are lots of (white) range balls on the fairway which can make finding your ball tricky. The only drinking fountains are next to the pro shop so bring water. We play here once or twice a year and will continue to do so.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank MesaMac
Regina, Canada
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Interesting Putting”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Enjoyed the course but had a little difficulty with putting. As the greens mostly have various slopes and this day the pin seemed to be in the most difficult location. For example, one one green the pin was just under the peak of a fairly steep slope. Impossible to stop going down, very hard to putt sideways. We all three putted. One said I don't think that pin placement would be legal. Kind of spoils the game if one has to struggle with every green.
Unusual idea. You pay an extra dollar for the power cart key, refundable if you bring it back. I declined the refund as I had to park the cart a ways from the ProShop and had to carry my clubs to my car, also quite a ways from the cart. Guess they have lost a lot of keys. Maybe if they attached the key to the usual large bag tag people would return them. Just sayin.

Visited December 2013
Mesa, AZ
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Best Muni Course In Arizona”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

While this course gets a lot of play, it is always in great shape. The staff is friendly, courteous and efficient. The pro shop has a great selection of products and the bar and restaurant are a great stop after a round. The tips measure just over 6500 yds. I have been golfing here for over twenty years and it is still one of my favorite courses in Arizona.
RichH