“Nice little course”

Painted Mountain Golf Club
Ranked #11 of 28 Outdoor Activities in Mesa
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the scenic Sonoran Desert, this club offers a 18-hole regulation course (desert course with natural terrain) and a nine-hole executive course, which provides good practice using irons.
Reviewed November 21, 2011

This is a nice little course that is not too challenging, however they try to run too many rounds through. The price is usually right summer or winter so if you can put up with delays and occasionally waiting around, then give it a try.

Reviewed October 25, 2011

We have golfed at Painted Mountain several times over the last few years and have always thoroughly enjoyed it. The course itself is very well kept and fun to play. We have had dinner in the dining room and found the food and service to be very good as well.

2  Thank AngieK_14
Reviewed March 26, 2011

They overbook and try to get a foursome out every seven minutes. We waited 10 minutes at every hole until # 15. And I played it three times (you would think I would have figured it out after one or two) and it was the same delay every time. NEVER AGAIN!!! There are lots of better courses in Mesa.

2  Thank j466274
A TripAdvisor Member
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed February 9, 2004

Great spot, four of us and we had a wonderful time. The property was clean and beautiful. I would recommend to anyone !!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Gilbert, AZ
Reviewed November 4, 2003

I had blocked off hotel rooms for my out of town wedding guests at Painted Mountain. I'd had decent experiences dealing with the person in charge of that. I blocked off 25 rooms MONTHS in advance...probably four months prior to my wedding.

The first issue we encountered was one of the staff members was incredibly inept and apparently had no idea how to find the reservation or look up the rate for my blocked rooms. This was solved somewhat easily by informing people they needed to ask for the person I had been working with, and he took care of them.

The second issue occurred about a month prior to the wedding when people were told all the blocked rooms had been reserved. I called and was given the list of people who had booked and it was maybe 15. No idea what happened to those other 10 rooms.

The third issue--and my biggest complaint with them--was that when my grandparents, aunt, and uncle went to check in the day before my wedding, they were told that there had been a mix-up and all of the two bedroom units (which they had booked shortly after I blocked off the rooms) were full, and they'd have to be moved to a different resort. My parents and I were FURIOUS. On my wedding day I had to go down to the front desk and complain to the person in charge about what an audacity that was and how someone not affiliated with my wedding should have been moved. All the person said was how sorry she was it had happened and how they were paying for the rooms at the other resort and blah blah blah. I told her I didn't think my parents should have to pay for their room either; she said she'd have to discuss it with her manager.
Eventually they did comp my parents room, but apparently they thought my parents were staying one night less than they actually were and actually argued with them that they'd have to pay for that last night.

The resort itself was nice enough and those that were able to stay there thought the accomodations were nice, but I could not believe the rude service we received and the lack of action they were taking to remedy the situation.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member