“A little run down but still a fun date night/day!”
Review of Golfland Sunsplash

Golfland Sunsplash
Ranked #12 of 64 things to do in Mesa
Reviewed January 1, 2012

My biggest complaint about Golfland is just how run down the inside of the game room is. It seriously needs a facelift on the inside and the value of what you get isn't all that great but still, there's no where else in the valley you can go and do the same things....or at least in the East Valley. Sunsplash is fun but is quite expensive so just be prepared before you go that lunch isn't that great and it will cost you about 3 times what a normal hamburger or piece of pizza would cost! They do try to add new attractions every year or two so that's a plus!

Reviewed September 21, 2011

I visited this park with my family in July 2011. Its located right off the 60 freeway in the heart of Mesa. You can see if off the freeway and there is ample parking. Its a decent park, not exactly like hurricane harbor and raging waters in California, but its a good park to cool off in in the 110 degree desert heat. The waterpark is connected to the gold park. We opted to have fun in the water park, there is a fee for the park. The wave pool is nice, and there are 2 smaller pools with mini slides for toddlers, my 2 year old enjoyed it there. Make sure you put on plenty of sun screen. There are height limitations for certain rides, i think it was 48" for most of them. Sometimes they measure you sometimes they dont, my son went on one ride once and then wanted to do it again, and at that time they measured his height and said he was too short, But hey he just did this ride!... oh well, just a note.
There's nothing great to eat here, just munchies and ice cream, but there are a few places around the neighborhood to dine at or drive down 60/10 to the Mills. Again, dont have high expectations when going here if you`ve already been to waterparks in AZ, but for AZ residents or for anyone visiting Mesa in the summer, its a good place to take your kids for the day.
Enjoy!

Reviewed September 11, 2011

I've been going to Golfland Sunsplash since I was a kid. The mini golf is fine if you're already there and want a break from the water activities, but what has always drawn me is the Sunsplash side.

As a kid, I loved it because they have a good wave pool, a shallow lazy river, and slides for varying ages. My younger brother and sister could hang out in the toddler area, and I could go to the area for slightly older kids. As I got older, I could try out other slides which I'd been too afraid of the year before, so it was always fun going back.

As an adult, it's good on a whole other level. My fiance and I went just do something different, and we enjoyed the slides, the lazy river, the air conditioned arcade with snacks. We went with our niece when she was 2 and it was fantastic - the toddler area was appealing in a whole new way to me (my niece loves the water and here we could enjoy it safely), and I loved that next to the wave pool was a huge rack of life jackets in a range of kids' sizes. My niece LOVED the part of the toddler area where a bucket slowly fills with water then dumps it on kids below - she squealed with delight every time she got soaked :)

Tips:
--Make sure to pack sunscreen and be prepared for the extra costs - lockers, tube rental, snacks, drinks.
--Get on their email list. You'll get notified of special events and promotions which is useful if you're watching your budget.
--Consider going just for an evening. They often run evening-only specials, and as adults waiting in line in the sun for rides is less fun than it was as kids.

Reviewed July 16, 2011

Some of the rides were fun. My group was extremely irritated with the "lifeguard training sessions." It seemed as though at random times they would send a person into a ride and pretend to be in-trouble. What was irritating for us, they CLOSED down the whole ride for an extended amount of time and NOBODY could go on the ride even though that person was out of the way for lifeguard training. There was NO mention of this so called lifeguard training. Because of this we would not go here again.

One ride they have (what we call the lazy river) they make you stay on your tube. There are often too many tubes/people floating in one bunch, which is not fun.

Reviewed May 31, 2011

Great place to take the family...waterslides, wave pool, mini golf, lasser tag or just relax by the wave pool. Good for older and younger children and adults. Went first thing in the morning and spent the whole day there.

2  Thank Maddy005