“Decent family fun at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Golfland Sunsplash

Golfland Sunsplash
Ranked #14 of 62 things to do in Mesa
Arizona
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Decent family fun at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

I've been going to Golfland Sunsplash since I was a kid. The mini golf is fine if you're already there and want a break from the water activities, but what has always drawn me is the Sunsplash side.

As a kid, I loved it because they have a good wave pool, a shallow lazy river, and slides for varying ages. My younger brother and sister could hang out in the toddler area, and I could go to the area for slightly older kids. As I got older, I could try out other slides which I'd been too afraid of the year before, so it was always fun going back.

As an adult, it's good on a whole other level. My fiance and I went just do something different, and we enjoyed the slides, the lazy river, the air conditioned arcade with snacks. We went with our niece when she was 2 and it was fantastic - the toddler area was appealing in a whole new way to me (my niece loves the water and here we could enjoy it safely), and I loved that next to the wave pool was a huge rack of life jackets in a range of kids' sizes. My niece LOVED the part of the toddler area where a bucket slowly fills with water then dumps it on kids below - she squealed with delight every time she got soaked :)

Tips:
--Make sure to pack sunscreen and be prepared for the extra costs - lockers, tube rental, snacks, drinks.
--Get on their email list. You'll get notified of special events and promotions which is useful if you're watching your budget.
--Consider going just for an evening. They often run evening-only specials, and as adults waiting in line in the sun for rides is less fun than it was as kids.

Visited August 2011

Springfield, Oregon
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Somewhat dissapointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2011

Some of the rides were fun. My group was extremely irritated with the "lifeguard training sessions." It seemed as though at random times they would send a person into a ride and pretend to be in-trouble. What was irritating for us, they CLOSED down the whole ride for an extended amount of time and NOBODY could go on the ride even though that person was out of the way for lifeguard training. There was NO mention of this so called lifeguard training. Because of this we would not go here again.

One ride they have (what we call the lazy river) they make you stay on your tube. There are often too many tubes/people floating in one bunch, which is not fun.

Visited July 2011
Regina, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent Attraction”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2011

Great place to take the family...waterslides, wave pool, mini golf, lasser tag or just relax by the wave pool. Good for older and younger children and adults. Went first thing in the morning and spent the whole day there.

Visited May 2011
2 Thank Maddy005
San Jose, CA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Great waterslides & good deals!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2011

We did a day trip here on a Saturday and purchased 2 of their deals:
-$10 for unlimited video games, mini golf, and laser tag from 10-1
-$11 for unlimited water slides from 12-6

We got there at 10:15 am and there was already a decent line. Get there on time to get the most bang for your buck!

They have 2 18-hole mini golf courses, we only did the one on the right hand side. It was fun, but several of the holes were closed due to renovations and this was NOT posted when we bought our tickets. The video games were fun, its not valid for the ones the produce tickets, and we never had to wait. This also counted for the air hockey tables. We did not get to do laser tag. We put our names down, but the employees seemed disorganized and our names never got called, so we skipped it.

The water slides opened at noon and there were 6 open slides. We were there early in the season so the lines were almost non-existent. We have a golf land with slides near our home in San Jose, but this one was much better. It even had a wading/hang out pool as well as a sun lounging area. Slides were good and everything felt safe & well supervised. Slides were fast enough to keep us, full grown adults, laughing and having a good time. They arent "lame slides." This was a very fun way to have fun in the sun.

Visited April 2011
1 Thank MissKeely
Topeka, Kansas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Very Fun Time, but staff leaves much to be desired!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2011

We visited Golfland Sunsplash for the first time on our trip to Phoenix this March. We went on Saturday morning during their unlimited Mini Golf/Video Games/Laser Tag special for $10 per person (from 10 am to 1 pm). We thought this was a very good deal and went with a group of 4 adults and 3 teens.

Our teenage boys (and the guys) all enjoyed the unlimited video games, but my daughter was not as happy because all the games that would normally give tickets were not included. She didn't want to earn the tickets, she just likes these games better than fighting/shooting games. I would think they could disable the tickets and let you play these unlimited also pretty easily.

The mini golf was very fun and had 2 different courses, one harder and one easier. We all had a great time playing.

The laser tag was everyone's favorite, but as there was the most staff interaction here it was most noticable how much these employees must hate their jobs. We waited over 5 minutes at the counter before even being acknowleged (and this was just "I'll be with you in a minute") while the staff texted and talked with each other. When we finally did get in to play the employee was very very rude and abrupt with us. She didn't give any help or advise on getting the jackets and guns on (they were very hard to adjust to the right size) and started the safety video while everyone was still getting them on so most of our group didnt hear all of the instructions and didnt understand how to play. When she activated our vests one of them didnt activate on the front so she man-handled one of the adults in our group and bodily spun him around to activated it from the back, all without saying a word.

Overall our experience was good, we would go back again, but if we recommended it to anyone it would come with a strong warning that the staff is very rude and if they couldn't tolerate that kind of behavior and attitude then they may want to go elsewhere.

Visited March 2011