“Would be good, but...”

Thai Spices
Ranked #108 of 967 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed February 20, 2014

After reading the reviews of this restaurant, my friend and I were really looking forward to eating there. We arrived shortly after 7PM & it took a little while for someone to take our order. When we finally ordered around 7:15, the waitress told us the service wouldn't be fast. I should have asked how slow. We waited, and waited...the people who came in after us on both sides received their food and one couple left before we got ours. My friend finally asked the waitress what we did wrong. At 8:15 the food came, and it was good. But why did we wait an hour? There was no explanation or offer of deduction from our checks. My advice? Ask how long your dish will take; apparently one of our dishes was labor-intensive.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We had dinner at Thai Spices in January 2014. Food and service were great. Had the papaya salad with grilled shrimp, and the green curry with chicken. Both were delicious. Service was prompt and friendly. Nice find in Mesa !! Give them a try !!!

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

We just retuned from Thailand and I was craving papaya salad unbelievably....

This place did not let me down with a huge portion served by a really friendly Thai waitress.

We also had the mussaman curry which was great too!

This place is great!

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We ate there last Saturday night. Very reasonable prices (pad thai for $8.95!). Large portions and excellent customer service. The décor is very nice and it is connected to the Chinese Market too.

1  Thank GregArizona
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I tried out this restaurant with a friend last night, for the first time. We were surprised by the variety of unusual menu items (alongside such standards as pad Thai) and the very high quality of the dishes we ordered. The fried rice, which I usually avoid, was the best I've ever had; my friend had a delicious noodle-soup dish. I can't wait to go back and try other dishes. The service was prompt and friendly; the setting informal but pleasant, with the expected photos of Thai kings. The prices are reasonable. In short, this is now my favorite Thai restaurant in the Phoenix area--far better than the others I've tried.