“good bbq”

Famous Dave's
Ranked #53 of 941 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Description: Famous Dave's best Phoenix barbecue restaurants and catering. BBQ ribs, chicken, burgers, sandwiches, appetizers and salads. Open lunch and dinner.
Mesa, Arizona
“good bbq”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

food is usually great ribs and brisket are awesome prices are reasonable for a bbq place and the adult beverages are also a win cant wait to try there new moonshine drinks

Visited February 2013
1 Thank andrea s

Kalispell, Montana
“Can't ask for better”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

BBQ at it's finest. Lots of choices, fast service, and a great atmosphere. My daughter took me there for Fathers Day and we were immediately seated and had two different servers asking us if we needed anything else. Looking forward to going back.

Visited June 2013
Plymouth, Minnesota
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I've been a big Famous Dave BBQ for years. While the service was excellent the ribs really let me down - HARD. I tried the meal with three different types of ribs. Serve on a small cookie sheet, it was a pile of meat. Only problem was that it didn't have any favor. Looked as if they baked the ribs in a oven and added some sauce and put the meat on the grill to add alittle bark. No pink meat from the smoker or grill as it tasted like turkey. Unlike previous visits, the ribs were mainly bones which I felt was rather odd. In a end, a pile of odd shape bone. Meantion this to the waitress and she didn't seem surprised. Sure hope it the Dobson location and not all famous daves that are cutting corners.

• Visited June 2013
Mesa, Arizona
“Favorite family restaurant!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We came on a promotion, Dave's bday so anyone named Dave got a free meal. We eat here regularly now. We also order the large meals often to feed a big group at last minute. There's something delicious for everyone on the menu. Salads to brisket. The staff is always great and it's priced fairly. Not a single negative thing to say about the place!

• Visited March 2013
Saskatoon
“I wasn't sure what to expect...”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My dad had memories of eating here on his last trip to the area so we got together with a couple of his friends and checked it out. The place was huge and absolutely full of people. That said, we were seated fairly quickly and the service continued to be prompt and friendly throughout our visit. The four of us decided to go ahead and order the garbage can lid full of food, which is what dad had such fond memories of from the past and I was curious to see. It really wasn't bad. Temperature was my biggest complaint, as with the volume of the place I am sure it must be an assembly line sort of kitchen arrangement with items waiting to be served. The actual flavour and of the different things and the way they were cooked was quite good. I requested a hotter sauce than the three standard offerings, and was provided a bowl of one with a good kick. I would go again if looking for this kind of eating experience.

• Visited December 2012