“Winter Paradise”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mesa
Mesa Spirit RV Resort
Ranked #1 of 19 Specialty Lodging in Mesa
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We have wintered here for 4 years and find this to be one of the best RV Resorts in the Mesa area. The grounds are well maintained, clean and spacious. We have a 40' motorhome with 4 slides and have plenty of room. The pools, spas, laundry facilities, toilet rooms, clubhouse and activities rooms are neat and clean and well appointed. Lots of activities including a woodshop, lapidary studio, library, on site massagre therapist, craft fairs, breakfasts, pot lucks, billiards, darts, picleball and miniature golf. Separate areas for pet/non pet, if desired. The staff is friendly and very helpful. An on site activities director is there to help you discover your likes. I would highly reccommend this resort to all my friends. Oh Wait....I already have!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Duane D
Mat L, General Manager at Mesa Spirit RV Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

From all of us at Mesa Spirit and the Dunkel family thank you

There are newer reviews for Mesa Spirit RV Resort

Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I have lived here for almost 8 years. We have a park model and are stuck here. Most of the office staff are really full of it. you get the impression they could care less that you are there. We are here year round as well as a hand full of other people. There is very little going on in the summer. alot of the buildings, pools laundry rooms are shut down so I am not sure why the year round people do not get a discounted price from June till October. Most of the activities are geared toward the 70 crowd and believe me the staff cater big time to these individuals as well as to our Canadian friends. Lots of park models and few spaces that are roomy enough for the bigger rigs. Your neighbors can hear everything that goes on at your house that is how close the units are. Lots of grumpy older people who complain if you walk on the wrong side of the road!! If we did not have a park model we would move and fast!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank poodlemansmom
Mat L, General Manager at Mesa Spirit RV Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Hello my name is Mat Lebert I am the GM at Mesa Spirit RV Resort
It is my goal for everyone that stays at Mesa Spirit to have a fun, positive experience.
If for any reason we do not meet or exceed your expectitions I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT IT......
My direct email is GM@Mesaspirit.com
My office number is 480-830-0338 toll free 877-924-6709

I would be happy to discuss any of your comments or concerns, Past, Present,or Future

Reviewed September 7, 2012

There is so much to do if you want to be busy. Nice opportunity to enjoy activies such as swimming, socials, crafts, etc. We have stayed there several times,last year we stayed two months and this year we are staying for four months and have always found the pools to be in excellent condition and the laundry is excellent.
For pet owners, they have one of the best areas for the dogs I have ever seen. So are so many things to do in the area. Some good restaurant, movie theaters, shopping. Places to go dancing. Close to Main Hwys to take you anywhere to go.

Some of the spaces are small but there plenty of larger spaces avaible. Go to the office and work with them on a site that will please you. The office personel is very friendly and eager to please.

They are also working on making it better. Planting new trees. Making some bigger spots to accmodate the larger RVs.
We sure enjoy the socials, crafts, lunches by the pool

We like all the black top to ride bicycles around the park.

They also have live entertainment and bingo.
Every year they add more.

Can't wait to return and enjoy all the people, the fun and relaxing times.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank donjane1970

From all of us at Mesa Spirit and the Dunkel family thank You!!!!!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is it Finally a Park with amenities like a 4-Star Hotel, The Staff was terrific. We are going to spend the whole winter there next year. Huge Pool, Security Guards at the entry to the property, Secluded luxury tropical feel, they catered to our needs and the best value in town,

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank JamesBGaylord_MN_
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We've been wintering in Mesa for the past 10 years. Initially, we chose Mesa Spirit because of their pet policy. The other park we were considering did not allow any pets. Mesa Spirit has specific pet sections and multiple fenced pet parks. We appreciate this as most RV parks do not have pet parks.

We've returned to Mesa Spirit year after year, mostly because of the amazing people that go there. We've met people from all over the US and Canada and I'm confident we will be friends for a long time. RVers are friendly people who just love life and are enjoying their retirement.

The location is perfect with easy access to the surrounding cities, restaurants and shopping. It is situated between two major highways that will take you most anywhere in a few minutes.

Mesa Spirit offers many options of site sizes, prices, etc. We choose to spend more and stay in a premium site right next to the dog park. It is much larger with double parking and more private than most . We mostly enjoy watching the dogs play. Like everything else in life, you get what you pay for.

There are many classes and activities offered. Guests without transportation can take advantage of the weekly shuttle service to get groceries, etc. Guests can participate or not -- their choice. We enjoy the weekly Farmer's Market and Country Store which most RV Resorts do not have.

We are returning this year and will continue until we decide to stop RVing and purchase a home.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Anne- M
Reviewed May 17, 2012

This RV park advertises 3 pools and various extras. When we visited in early May, there was only 1 pool even open and that one looked like a cesspool. This park is wall-to-wall blacktop with extremely small sites. I was charged extra for cable and it never did work. I'd recommend anyone with a motorhome to steer well clear of this place. We'll never go back.

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank edwardaberg
Reviewed May 6, 2012

My husband and I are early retirees. The amount of dirty looks and comments that took place during our 6 month stay were ridiculous. Though we are in our late 40's and the park is no longer age restricted - the residents seemed unaware of the change and clearly - many resented us and many more felt free to make us aware of their disapproval.

The park's population seem more concerned about finding/reporting any infraction of the numerous rules by their neighbors than enjoying the numerous activities or socializing.

One resident hung out her pool towel to dry on her awning arm and was warned about the no clothes drying policy. Another resident mistakenly took her dog riding (in the basket of her bicycle) down a non pet row and was reported to the main office. As for my husband and I? We moved our RV to a different row and within 2 hours had the front office "alerted" that underage people were staying in the park.

Upon my choice to go sunbathing I was subjected to a overly loud conversation by 4 of the "ladies" in the hot tub about how younger people being allowed in the park were threatening the marriages of the residents. "Good Grief"

Most of the residents have been coming to this park for 15+ years and they are already formed into "tribes". The mean age is over 70 so there were very few active couples for us to interact with. When we tried to get involved in activities (bingo, car races, shuffleboard) the ladies made it clear they didn't want me around. Although they seemed to have no problem with my husband.

We will NOT stay here again and if you aren't at least 65 years of age and willing to tolerate a lot of window peeping control freaks, I would suggest you find somewhere else to go as well.

This really is sad as the park was huge, had a great location, employed many wonderful folks and was beautiful!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple