“STINKY CATTLE FARM NEXT DOOR!!!!!”

Best Western Legacy Inn & Suites
Ranked #11 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Davenport, Iowa
“STINKY CATTLE FARM NEXT DOOR!!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

This is a nice hotel and close to the Mesa Gateway airport. The only problem is at night. The way the weather works in the desert, it traps the smell of very stinky cattle manure. At night all 4 nights we stayed, I almost barfed because it smelled so bad. It's a dairy farm, so lots of cows. I grew up on a farm but I couldn't handle the smell of this. It was nasty!!!!

• Stayed March 2014
Jennifer B, Sales Manager at Best Western Legacy Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear FamoAmdogg,

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we greatly appreciate it and we're glad you enjoyed our location as we are the closest hotel to Mesa Gateway Airport!
Although our location offers beautiful mountain views in a tranquil area, on occasion, the wind can deliver a scent from area farmland and I can totally understand how that would be unpleasant for you. We're working on taking corrective measures to try and alleviate that problem.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Best Western Legacy Inn & Suites and we hope you’ll consider staying with us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Close to the Phoenix/Mesa Gateway Airport, as well as shopping and restaurants. Great choice for our early morning flight departure. We had requested and paid for a king bed room on our Expedia reservation, however, we were assigned a room with two queen beds when we arrived at the desk--it wasn't an big issue for us.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Charms1951,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Best Western Legacy Inn & Suites, we greatly appreciate it! We're glad that you enjoyed our location and we apologize that you weren't given the room type you originally booked. We'd love to have you back in the future and thanks again for your review!

Warm Regards,

Waco, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights while I was in Phoenix for a wedding. It's a beautiful hotel. The lobby is clean and welcoming, the rooms are large and inviting, and the complimentary breakfast had a lot to offer and was very tasty, with the exception of some eggs that were too dry (same problem both mornings of my stay). The only other minor complaint I had during my stay was one less-than-helpful (albeit still friendly) employee at the front desk who couldn't (and didn't care to try to) give me a suggestion of anywhere to go when I was looking to waste a couple of hours in the downtown/PHX area before my flight. That would be above-and-beyond service, though, so I certainly wouldn't mark that against the hotel. My complaints were VERY minor, and overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Jennifer B, Sales Manager at Best Western Legacy Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear TexasEE,

Thank you for the wonderful 5 star review, we greatly appreciate all of your kind words! We're glad to hear that you liked our spacious guestrooms and our complimentary deluxe buffet breakfast (we'll work on improving the eggs). We do expect and encourage all of our employees to go above and beyond for our guests and will use those comments as a tool to help us improve!

Once again, thank you very much for your review and we look forward to having you back in the future :)

All the best,

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

BW in Mesa was a great place to stay and in no small degree because they have friendly employees. Ria at the reception is absolutely special, she restored my peace! Thank you! There are many hotels nearby but I will recommend this one as a place where you can feel comfortable and do your work with all the help one can ask for.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Pandabear08,

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review! We're soo glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit and that our staff was friendly and helpful, I'll be sure to pass on your kind words to Ria and the rest of our team!

Once again thank you and we look forward to your next visit!

Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel to catch a flight out of Mesa. We chose it based on it's location to the airport and free airport shuttle. Check-in went smoothly and the front desk staff was very nice. The rooms were huge in comparison to most hotels I've ever stayed at. The shuttle picked us up at the airport after we dropped off our rental car and then dropped us at Applebee's for dinner. When we returned after dinner, as other reviewers have noted, the manure smell was so overpowering. Unfortunately, it did permeate through most of the hotel. I did have trouble with both of the computers in the business center when trying to print out my boarding passes. However, the girls at the desk were accommodating and printed them for me. I do suggest staying in a room away from the vending areas. My room was nearby and we heard the sound of the ice machine regenerating all night. The air conditioning unit seemed to have a mind of its own. After fiddling with it for a while, I just went to bed. Unfortunately, when the air conditioning did decide to turn on, the manure smell came with it. I'm a Wisconsin girl and have grown up with fields and farms all around, but the smell was so overwhelming. While the pool and hot tub looked inviting, I did not use them, or enjoy the breakfast, because the odor made me ill. Really, if it weren't for that, this would be a fantastic hotel.

Room Tip: Away from the vending areas to avoid ice machine noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Jennifer B, Sales Manager at Best Western Legacy Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Jeffiner45,

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we greatly appreciate it! We're glad you enjoyed our oversized guestrooms, complimentary shuttle and our team!
Although our location near the Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport offers beautiful mountain views in a tranquil area of Mesa, on occasion, the wind can deliver a scent from area farmland and I can totally understand how that would be unpleasant for you. We're working on taking corrective measures to try and alleviate that problem.

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Legacy Inn and hopefully you’ll consider staying with us in the future.

Warm Regards,

Tucson, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Bathroom had stains on the wall and light switch which i wiped off myself. THe first morning at breakfast, two staff members that were a husband and wife came in to eat the breakfast and were very vocal and disruptive. He kept telling her she was lucky to have the job and the only reason she had it was because of him. They were both dressed in shabby cloths with piercings and tattoos showing. They looked like drug addicts. The front desk employees on more than one occasion were wearing hoodies and didn't even look like they worked there. Staff was cordial but not overly friendly. The breakfast was the same both days and not very good. THe long pillow on the bed had a stain on it which we used against the door to try and muffle the sounds. For what i spent a night, i expected MUCH more value for my money. Good points- the bed was comfortable. Water pressure great.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Jennifer S,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience but I thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor. I would like to double check with you that your review was meant for the Best Western Legacy Inn on Power & Warner in Mesa as we do not have any staff members that are husband and wife, nor do we allow casual dress outside of our work uniforms, or visible tattoos. If this is indeed the correct hotel, please contact me directly so that I can get more information and take corrective action. Your experience is absolutly unacceptable for the quality standards we require of all of our employees and I can assure you we will not take your comments lightly if they are indeed meant for our property.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

I found this motel to be attractively decorated, comfortable and inviting. The staff was accommodating. It is in a convenient location with few other motel choices nearby. However, it is not constructed well enough to prevent transmission of noise between floors or from the nearby parking lot, highway, and airport.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear CKtravellar,

Thanks for taking the time to review the Best Western Legacy Inn, we're glad you found our decor attractive and that you were comfortable with your accommodations and staff. I'm sorry to hear you had issues with area noise as I know that can be bothersome at times.

We hope you'll stay with us in the future, thanks again and have a wonderful day!

All the best,