“The Best Value”

Ranked #3 of 4 Mesa B&B and Inns
Gilbert, Arizona
“The Best Value”
Reviewed March 1, 2011

The American Executive Inn is exceptionally Clean, Comfortable, and Quiet. My wife and I unexpectedly bought a house which took a month and a half to close and ended up staying at this motel all of December and half of January.
Our room was spacious and comfortable to spend so much time in. The demi-kitchen worked and was clean. The bed was comfortable. We felt quite safe on walks in the neighborhood. No, it isn't a new five star Hilton, but for an older highway motel from the 60's It's an unusually good value. The owners are great and made a long wait better.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Always on the go
Reviewed November 8, 2010

If you can afford a couple of bucks more, go to a chain motel like motel 6. This property is old and poorly maintained and the location is not the greatest. If you don't mind hookers and drugies then by all means consider this place. I wondered why the office door was locked even in the daytime?

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank usatramp
americanxinn, Manager at American Executive Inn, responded to this review, December 23, 2010
We apologize for any inconvenience you had during your stay. Our rooms were renovated on January 2009, we completely changed carpets, furnitures, beds, drapery, air conditioning and other items. We are constantly updgrading the hotel/motel without disrupting any client's stay. Our door is shut and openend when the bell rings. Again, we apologize for not enjoying your stay.

Travelers are raving about these Mesa hotels

New York City, New York, USA
Reviewed October 14, 2010

I needed a cheap hotel to stay in while visiting Phoenix for a friend's wedding, and American Executive Inn kept popping up as the best value. Though there wasn't much to distinguish it from the myriad of other motels lining that stretch of Main Street, I'm now very happy I picked the inn to stay during my trip. Everyone on staff was thoroughly helpful and pleasant; I never once felt I was bothering someone, and all my questions and demands were always quickly answered. The premises were well-kept, the pool was pristine and the room itself was very well-maintained and orderly. My stay in Phoenix became a memorable experience thanks in part to the great hospitality offered at this motel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
MILAN
Reviewed February 20, 2010

It was very spacial and clean. We had JACUZZI Spa Suite. It was great very romantic. It was very quiet and staff was helpful and friendly. Price was right. It is close to new light rail so you can park and walk from Inn go down to Phoenix and Tempe.
I highly recommand it and will stay there again myself.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Magnolia Springs, AL
Reviewed August 12, 2009

We paid less than $40 per night, for a room with a kitchenette, no less. We actually paid more on Hotwire than the hotel would have charged us if booked directly, so it's Hotwire we were mad at for not giving us a good deal, not the hotel. We were booked for only one night, but after our positive experience, cancelled our res at a more expensive hotel and booked another night for the end of our journey. The hotel was clean, appeared to have had recent exterior renovations done, and the pool was sparkling clean and refreshing. And most importantly in Arizona in July, the air conditioner worked perfectly. The shower was fine, and the owners were friendly and responsive. The only thing we missed was a coffee maker, but there were lots of places nearby to grab a cup so not a big problem. The neighborhood is not upscale, but felt safe to us. The soaps and stuff were not the kind we would use at home, but we wouldn't expect luxury toiletries at this price point. Would stay there again, definitely.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Historic Virginia USA
Reviewed April 21, 2009

I booked this motel through Hotwire. They had it rated as a two star motel. Whoa... Bad location in Mesa. I drove by and didn't even want to check in. After talking to Autumn @ Hotwire (twice) saying there must be a mistake (I guess not) there is no way this motel should be on their client list. I checked in to the (non-smoking) room and found, a terrible cat pee smell covered over by a reakey air freshener aroma, an old bed with tattered mattresses, no blanket, no toilet paper, and no plugs near the bed to charge my cell phone. After checking in I could not get anyone to answer the phone to change rooms or get help. All of this was relayed to Hotwire who then tried unsuccessfully to contact the motel. Hotwire was completly unresponsive to my situation and would not help in the least. Too bad they said. Shame on Hotwire! CYA

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank vikingshipper
arizona
Reviewed March 29, 2009

My husband and I stay in 2 or more hotels a month...we are always satisfied....except this time.
This place is a disaster....$80.00 got us a horrible experience.
1. The draining tub above up leaked into our room so we immediately asked for another room.
2. Our second room had no working remote
3. no iron
4. no blow dryer
5. only 2 pillows
6. no extra blankets
7. no shampoo
8. hand towels used as regular towels
9. no coffeemaker
10. NO fire/smoke detector (looks as though it had been removed)
11. no number to front desk...had to walk to office

This is $80.00 mind you....having gotten ten times better from rooms that were $35.00, we were completely disappointed. Will never stay there again

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple