“Reunion” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sioux Center, Iowa
“Reunion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

Our stay at the County Inn & Suites in Mesa was fantastic. We had our first ever cousins reunion there. From talking to the manager through our stay we couldn't had a better experience. All of the staff is very friendly, we loved the outside patio area. The motel itself could maybe use an update, but is very clean & comfortable. The Wi-Fi was a bit slow, but still worked ok. Thanks again Country Inn & Suites Mesa!! We hope to return some day!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

CountryMesa, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mesa, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! We hope to see you and your family again!

In regards to the decor, we are actually installing new artwork and framed mirrors in the rooms currently and every few months have continued projects to keep us new and fresh. Next week starts the new fitness room as well!

We do hope to see you again when returning to the area!

Happy Travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

Wanted to stay here, but they were booked up. The front desk person was nice enough to call multiple other places and get us a nice room elsewhere. We didn't stay here, but still I was impressed by the customer service!

Room Tip: Book in advance.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CountryMesa, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mesa, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel.

We are so pleased to hear that although you were not a guest, our staff accommodated you in finding a hotel on a sold out night.

We hope that next time we get the pleasure of you being our guest!

Sacramento
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

My partner and I visited the Country Inn and Suites in Mesa while visiting my parents. The staff was very helpful and friendly. While at the desk, they told us there was were several guests who were there for a wedding party (they advised us to arrive early at the breakfast the next morning to avoid the crowd). We went to our room and were pleasantly surprised by the size of the room (two rooms with two TVs!). Great room.

The challenge we had at the hotel was that the wedding party guests partied late into the night with lots of noise. While I had not heard anything (I brought ear plugs) my partner had trouble sleeping. While this was not the fault of the hotel, it would have been nice to have staff check the floors at night to ensure everything was OK.

The breakfast buffet was average and I agree with several others who suggested that the carpet and furniture be updated. It is getting a bit old. We did not use the fitness center nor the pool.

Overall it was a good visit...just a few things that need to be fixed/changed

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and do apologize for the issues you mentioned with noise. In the future, please call the Front Desk at any hour so we may resolve.

Garvin, MN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

The room could use an update, carpet dirty and worn out. Door didn't close very good and crack all around the door letting in light. The breakfast was fantastic, made up for what was not right with the room. Would stay again, but carpet needs to be replaced.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and do apologize for the issues you mentioned with your room. I am pleased to announce that all floors, with the exception of 4th floor, have the new brand standard carpet. The 4th floor will be completed this summer and we hope you come back to see the change!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

My husband travels frequently for business and is a Carlson Hotels elite member. He used to stay at Hamptons, but his company made him switch. I wasn't happy with the change because it seemed to be a downgrade, but this Country Inn is was very nice, the nicest we have stayed in. Friendly service, excellent breakfast, blueberry and white chip cookies in the lobby, with clean and modern rooms. If I had one complaint it would be that the stairs and hallways don't look like they get vacuumed every day or edged every week. We enjoyed the hot sauce and chips in the room and the close vicinity to restaurants and shopping.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel!

We do hope to see you again when returning to the area!

Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

I unfortunately was part of a cancelled flight that most unfortunately sent us to the country inn in Mesa ! Wow! I am still in shock!! First off I stood in line patiently for 20 minutes as the check in was busy. I fully understand and accept this! The mess began when I reached the desk. My family of 5 was to get two rooms. I expressed this to the person working the front desk. She happily assigned two rooms to us and away we went to get some sleep after awakening at 430 am to catch the yet to be cancelled flight. Getting to my room I tried and tried and the keys would not open the door. Oh well I thought, she made an error in keying our cards. I returned and another lady working the front desk found time to key code my cards. In the meantime the line at the front desk was ultra busy.
Away I went to "my room", put the card in, opened the door and heard a voice noting their displeasure with me walking into THEIR ROOM! Was I ever shocked, embarrassed and angry!!! Hey.... Just wait ... It will get worse !! I walk down to the front desk and calmly explain that I just walked into a room with people sleeping and they were less than thrilled with my intrusion. I too was very put off by this awful move!!
The front staff appeared shocked and quickly took my keys back. At this point I was no further ahead than I was 30 minutes or so previous. Still tired and no room. The only thing that had changed now was the hotel had now assigned all rooms with two queen size bed to others. There were none left for me and my boys!! All they could offer me at that time was a king bed w a sofa. At that point I snapped! Are u kidding me, front desk messes up royally, embarrasses me and the folks sleeping in the assigned room, all the while I am left with inadequate accommodation for three of us! I had zero choice. I took the king bed and a sofa. We made due. I received a call an hour or so later from someone waking us up. I did not answer. Apparently they were offering a two queen bed room after 1 pm. Well yippee kayee. We r tired, sleeping, and unpacked and are not playing musical rooms ! How much more discomfort must we endure? No compensation for our hardship was offered to at least make an attempt to alleviate our hardship. This is my fiasco at the mesa country inn and suites...... you make up your mind whether u want to chance a stay!!

Stayed December 2013
CountryMesa, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mesa, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel.

We are sorry to hear about the issues you encountered at check-in. I will be sure to address this with my staff and assure you this is a rare issue at our hotel. I can understand they were very busy trying to get everyone in quickly but checking someone into an occupied room is unacceptable.

Whereas I understand this experience leaves you with a bad taste for our hotel, I do hope to see you when your travels bring you back to Mesa, AZ so we can be sure to exceed your expectations and make it right.

USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

The suites are nice -- when you stay longer it is nice to have some extra space to move a bit around. It was over Christmas so housekeeping didn't come everyday - which was fine, we were out of the room mostly, anyway. Nice to have a couple bottles of water in the room fridge upon arrival. Mesa is always DRY!
Our breakfast selections were many and they changed the hot offering each morning for variety. Glad to see cranberry juice! (not a fan of apple or organge.) I'm not a big coffee drinker but they ran out of coffee in ALL the containers in the breakfast room AND the lobby, that was the only down-fall we encountered.
We had to laugh - upon getting out of the elevator on Christmas Eve there was the STRONGEST SMELL of Cinnamon Christmas Spice coming from one of the rooms!!! It was pleasant and had we had kids in tow we would have told them it was Santa's room! :) I don't know if they were intentionlly trying to cover up some smell but it remained our whole stay! Made us smile and laugh everytime we used the elevator!

Room Tip: We like getting a suite when staying for a few days. Our room was facing the front of the hotel so...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank pebbleskip
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed their stay and the extra space in the suites as well as the breakfast!

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Mesa!