“Round Two”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mesa
Ranked #8 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have stayed at this location two times now. It is a WONDERFUL place to stay. The staff was top notch and the rooms were spotless. The complimentary breakfast was wonderful each day. If my travels take me back here again in the future, I will be sure to stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
CountryMesa, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel.

We are glad that you enjoyed your visit and breakfast!

We hope to see you back for Round 3!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We were 3 adults sharing a suite and the room was spacious, clean, comfortable. The hotel is very well situated, lots of walking distance varied restaurants. some of our friends used the shuttle and were very happy with it too. The breakfast buffet was great and we liked the fact there was coffee, tea 24/7. The staff was very helpful and check-in and check-out were very quickly and efficiently performed. Great experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
CountryMesa, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel.

We are glad that you and your group enjoyed their visit and the size of the room!

Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has the friendliest staff of any hotel we've stayed in. From the front desk to the shuttle bus drivers to the breakfast bar personnel we have eexperienced exceptional service. Rooms are spacious with two rooms and a large bathroom. Both rooms include a wide screen TV with plenty of viewing channels. Housekeeping has been excellent and a full breakfast bar provides an excellent morning meal.
The hotel is surrounded by numerous restaurants and bars. A brewery is also within walking distance. A large shopping mall is less than a mile away.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel.

Being mentioned as the "friendliest staff of any hotel" is probably the best compliment we could receive. So thank you!

Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

The room was spacious, well decorated and clean. The hotel was in a beautiful location with walking distance to a variety of restaurants and a shopping mall. We made use of the shuttle service to go anywhere else and the drivers were prompt, safe and polite. The staff in general in fact was extremely courteous, professional and very helpful. Although this stay was short I would like to come back to Mesa and take in the sights and some adventure with my family.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel.

We are happy that you enjoyed the size of our rooms and complimentary hotel shuttle.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed at the Country Inn & Suites for just one night last week for an interview I had with a graduate school nearby. For any of you that has business with A.T. Still University they will offer you their lower business rate which I thought was great. I was checked in promptly and was upgraded to a suite room free of charge due to the standard room I was supposed to receive not being ready on time. I greatly appreciated not having to wait for a room to be ready. I also requested for late check out which they gave me but I ended up not using. The rooms were a little outdated in my opinion. One of the lamp shades looked pretty banged up (not that it was a big deal to me just something I noticed). The furniture in the living area wasn't at all comfortable but the bed was amazing I slept really well. The shower had great water pressure also. The next morning I already had my bill under my door and check out took 10 seconds max. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. We truly appreciate it!

We look forward to seeing you back on your next visit to Mesa.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

The staff at this hotel were wonderful. Location was perfect close to everything within good acces to all roads. The rooms could be a little cleaner. Before booking in March ask if they are hosting baseball tournaments..if they are stay away. I don't know who behaved the worst the parents or the kids. The staff tried to ammend the problems and handled it in a timely manner. Breakfast was ok seemed like the danish and baked good were day old at best. Not the verity of food they say they have everyday was the same...kept up well with making food available though. Walking distance to many resturants. This hotel has good reviews but was a little disappointing. Like I mentoined if it wasnt for the great staff I would probily not recommend staying but the staff made up for the issues we had.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge our staff. We truly appreciate it!

I am very sorry we had an unruly team in house during your stay and can understand your frustration in that matter. I will also be sure to address the breakfast comments you mentioned as hot items are to rotate daily.

We hope to see you back and we will aim exceed your expectations then.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed overnight at the Carlson Country Inn and Suites before our flight home and were very pleased with the cleanliness of the room, the helpfulness of the staff and the warm welcome. The pool is small and right beside the freeway so is somewhat noisy but is clean and lots of towels. Free shuttle to the airport was a real bonus and lots of eating establishments within easy walking distance. Overall a good experience and would use again.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the freeway.