“WoW! Amazing service with lots of amenities!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mesa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mesa
Ranked #9 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Mesa, Arizona
“WoW! Amazing service with lots of amenities!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

I was amazed at how friendly the staff is here. Always happy to assist with anything. The rooms are spacious and clean. The continetal breakfast was delicious too! Lots of nearby attractions and close to the freeway. What a great value for the money! I'll stay here again and reccommend it to anyone looking for a Great hotel with lots of extras!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TJ W
CountryMesa, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mesa, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit!

We look forward to seeing you again in the future and greatly appreciate your kind words.

Happy Travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Great Falls, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

The staff was friendly from the moment we walked in. The service was fast and efficient and they went above and beyond the call of duty. The hotel is conveniently located by a freeway plus numerous food outlets and stores including a huge mall. Plus the shuttle made it easier for all of us to get around. The continental breakfast was outstanding. The variety of food made it easy for all of us to find something to eat. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Housekeeping was awesome. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a stress free and relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask about all the ammendities they offer.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank bkimcglynn
CountryMesa, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mesa, responded to this review, December 20, 2012

Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed here for a night while I was interviewing at Arizona School of Health Sciences, and they made it way less stressul for me. After I checked in and got to my room, they called to see how everything was and if I had any questions after about 20 minutes. The staff were super nice, and they all wished me luck, and were all very interested to see how my interview went afterwards.

There is also a free shuttle that took me to campus at 6:45 am and picked me up afterward within 10 minutes of me calling them, saving me taxi fare, and they held my bags in a safe spot while I interviewed (after I had already chacked out). They also directed me to the closest grocery store (so I could get a lint roller), and although I ended up walking, they offered to have the shuttle take me to the store for free too!

The continental breakfast was pretty good as well, with eggs, sausage, potatoes, muffins, toast, bagels, belgium waffle iron, doughnuts, cereal, juice, water, coffee, hard boiled eggs, etc. Some places continental breakfast is just like cereal, toast, and juice.

Kind of a minimal gym that I used the night before, but I guess that you can bring your room key to some off-site gym to work out there if you want.

All-in-all, staff was super nice, shuttle made things really convenient, and it is really close to campus (like 5 minutes away). Definitely would recommend to graduate interview candidates and others as well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank SeanBlaze
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit and the amenities of the hotel!

Grants Pass, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed here this past weekend. Unfortunately so did a huge contingent of teenage soccer team players and parents . The parent had their own blowout party at the pool, hottub area and let the kids takeover the hotel. They were running through the halls yelling , slamming doors, etc for hours. The poor young desk clerks were over-run. Then around midnight, the drunk parents came back up to the rooms and more door slamming and loud noise in the hallways. It was a nightmare.
I was about to pack up and leave. They all left the following day. The Manager credited me with that days stay, a nice gesture, and told me the entire group are banned from the chain now. I sense had she been present that night the problem would have ended, but nobody called her.

The hotel itself was about what is expected of this level of property, nothing more, nothing less.
Plenty of restaurants within walking distance, is handy being right by the freeway. But since the Manager also said they have lots of groups on the weekends I would say don't go there expecting a quiet, relaxing stay unless during the week.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jw550
CountryMesa, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mesa, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. We greatly appreciate it!

I am sorry to hear you experienced a few issues on your recent stay with us. Please know that we do not have teams here every weekend and that when we do- they don't behave like what you witnessed this past weekend. We are reviewing with our staff on how to better handle in the future though.

I am glad you stayed the following day so you could experience the hotel in a more positive manner.

We hope you'll come back in the future and if you have any other comments or suggestions, please feel free to contact me directly at cx_mesa@countryinns.com.

Middleton WI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

The best thing about this hotel is its location - surrounded by a variety of places to eat. It also has easy access to the freeway to get about. Rooms are dark and musty. No flat screen TVs. No doors on the closets. Room locks do not seem very secure. Elevators take forever. The room cleaning staff and breakfast staff are top notch.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank VisitorFromWI

I am glad to hear you enjoyed the hotels location and staff!

We are in the process of renovating our guest rooms and are pleased to announce that all rooms now have the new flat screen TV's in them. We received an order last month and all have been installed as of last week.

We hope you'll come back to see the change.

Hamilton, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is a lovely, extremely clean, friendly hotel in Mesa Az. There is no room service but it is situated in a centre with several excellent restaurants that will deliver to the room, and breakfast is complimentary. The rooms are very comfortable, roomy and well-appointed and the usual complimentary coffee maker etc all worked very well (unlike some other, much more expensive places I have stayed). The Superstition Springs Mall is a short free hotel shuttle ride away, and has an excellent shopping experience - also I saw a golf course nearby. Staff were very helpful and informative and very flexible; they really gave me the feeling that they did want to make my stay as pleasant as possible. The area is quiet and seemed safe (I didn't check that out specifically, but it had a great feel to it). Breakfast was wonderful, and for people like me who do not function too well in the morning all was simplicity itself. The coffee was especially good and deserves special mention. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for reasonable and high quality accommodation; and I would also advocate the Blue Van Supershuttle to get to and from the airport. That is extremely cheap (US $20) and can be simply booked online and is an absolute godsend for the exhausted traveller.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, and being in Phoenix it's not a skyscraper - two storeys and very well appo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank BellaF1
CountryMesa, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mesa, responded to this review, December 3, 2012

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed for a while and was disappointed. The overnight clerk during the week was loud and very rude. He would sit in the back office playing on his computer acting like a kid. Noises and all. Yelling and laughing as loud as he could. No manners or consideration for people around him. The lobby was cold during the week no matter how cold or hot it was outside.. Got instant chills. And the lobby music while a good variety was way too loud. Had to yell just to be heard even if you were a foot a way from the person. Its pretty sad when you have to yell over the music but what's worse is having to yell over the clerk. The weekend overnight clerk was more than helpful. I noticed on the weekend the music was lower and the a/c was at a decent setting. The breakfast was pretty good. Its a decent location not far from the airport or mall. The pool areas a tad small. The rooms are ok nothing fancy. The bed was lumpy and the pillows are flat. Slight lingering smell of cigarettes. I will go else where next time. Country inn is a little pricey.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank elmoduck
CountryMesa, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mesa, responded to this review, November 5, 2012

I am sorry to hear you experienced a few issues on your recent stay and if you would like me to discuss further with you, please feel free to email me at cx_mesa@countryinns.com.

We are in the process of renovation our guest rooms and are pleased to announce in September we installed all new carpet in all guest rooms on the 3rd floor. We also just ordered new TV's for several of our suites.

We hope you'll come back to see the change!