“Good Value!” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Tamassee, South Carolina
“Good Value!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Went to Mesa AZ to visit family and chose this hotel because it was only a few miles from where they lived. The only reason I'm not giving this an excellent rating is due to a 'few bumps in the road.' I realize check in time wasn't until 4pm; however, most hotels will allow you to check in a little early. We attempted to check in at 3:30pm, but our room was still classified as 'dirty' according to the front desk. Since we had to be at our family reunion at 4pm we weren't able to check in until later that night. When we finally got our room we noted stains on the carpet as well as on the sofa and arm chair and wondered if this was 'considered clean'? Overall the rest of the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast buffet offered hot and cold food and was very good. We also used the exercise room and was surprised there was no weight machine as that is usually standard for all hotels that offer this feature.

We had an early flight the morning of our departure and had to check out at 3am. The front desk clerk apparently had been asleep as I had to call out several times before he came to the desk and looked very disheveled and unprofessional. His shirt was pulled out and he wore no tie. I'm not sure what management expects of the nightshift personnel, but that was not a very good first impression for someone checking in.

The complimentary coffee/tea and cookies 7/24 was a very nice example of 'hospitality'. We will probably stay there again when we visit family.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
CountryMesa, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mesa, responded to this review, October 24, 2012

I am sorry to hear you experienced a few issues on your recent stay and if you would like me to discuss further with you, please feel free to email me at cx_mesa@countryinns.com. I assure you the issues mentioned will be resolved.

We are so very glad to hear you enjoyed the breakfast and the comfort of our beds and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Happy Travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Friendly, efficient staff, clean rooms and great location. I stay at Country Inns every chance I get while traveling. They never dissapoint. The Mesa property is among the best. Great location close to shopping and many great restaurants.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank donw68

We look forward to seeing you again in the future and happy travels!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

Have stay at this hotel on many occasions it is by far one of the best staffed hotels I have ever stayed. I have traveled all over the world and have stayed at many hotels from Marriott to Four Seasons...and I can tell you I have never been treated so well as with Country Inn and Suites Mesa, AZ. I always look forward to staying there. Originally I stayed there for location (which is bar non amazing!! Top restaurants within walking distance, Krispy Kream next door, movie theater across street, Mall 4 blocks away, Target and WALLMART it's everything u could ever want within a 5 mile radious. I wouldn't even consider another property when visiting AZ...Now that I have said all that this great hotel will probably be always booked and I won't be able to get a room!! LOL

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Charmyers
CountryMesa, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mesa, responded to this review, August 24, 2012

We love our location as well and are happy that it worked for you during your travels. Don't worry about not being able to book us again in the future . . . we’ll save room for you!

We look forward to seeing you again in the future and happy travels!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

The hotel was by far the best we have stayed in. This is our 2nd Country Inn and Suite this year that we have stayed at and now will be our only choice of hotel to stay at when we travel. The staff (especially Sandy) are so helpful and go out of their way to help us with our accommodations. Very clean, pleasant, very relaxing since this was a stressful trip. It was nice to come back to the hotel and just relax instantly.....like being at home. Thank you! This hotel shines above all!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank StacieW
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. It truly means a lot to us to read this!

I'll be sure to pass on to Sandy your favorable comments and am happy to hear we were able to add a little ease to your visit.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

The Country Inn and Suites in Mesa is a great hotel-free breakfast, nice outdoor pool, large rooms, and great location right off of the highway. I booked several rooms for a business trip and the Sales Dept was wonderful! Denise from Sales made all my arrangements, suggested restaurants and even suggested that I use the free hotel shuttle to get to/from local meetings. Our rooms were very clean and very reasonably priced. We will be back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Maria S
Wow! Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. We greatly appreciate it!

I'll be sure to pass on your comments to Denise and we are so happy to hear all went well with your group.

Bakersfield CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

My recent trip to the Mesa, AZ area was enhanced by my stay at The Country Inn. Sure, I lucked out, visiting Mesa in July and having great weather, but this hotel would have been superb even if it had been the expected 115 degrees out. It was clean, quiet, had a pleasant staff, warm cookies in the afternoon, and a full-on breakfast with great variety. I was surprised to find a separate sitting room, complete with a second t.v. The bed was the very best hotel bed I've ever encountered - firm yet comfy. There are lots of restaurants within walking distance, many in the same parking lot. Perfect. And the price made it a great value.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor and heard no traffic - the ground floor may be a little noisy from all the...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank wannaliveatthebeach

I am so glad to hear that you were pleased with your suite and the hotel staff. We just had another break in our weather and with the rain, and it's been nice. Back to 106 degrees next week though!

Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was our kind of hotel - clean, with extra perks like fresh cookies and a full breakfast, and inexpensive. We enjoyed the pool, the staff were incredibly nice and accommodating, and the rooms and beds were comfortable. In fact, our only complaint was the very low flow toilet which was difficult to flush completely. We loved the area - near Superstition Springs mall. It was close to everything. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

I am so glad to hear that you were pleased with your stay and the hotel staff.

Come back to see us soon!