“Good value, nice hotel”

Hyatt Place Phoenix/Mesa
Ranked #1 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have stayed at this property a number of times. The rooms are large and spacious, the breakfast is good, and there is lots of parking. Gym is small but all the equipment works. There are a few average restaurants near by. Good for a 1-2 night stop.

Due to a change in schedule, I was able to talk to the manager and get change my dates on a prepaid room which was fantastic as my client changed dates on me last minute! I was very happy they were accommodating.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
jrbersch, General Manager at Hyatt Place Phoenix/Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear ATSgrl,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Come back soon!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

This hotel was close to the location of my customer visit that week, so gave it a try. From the warm welcome at the front desk to the maintenance person who replaced the non-functioning TV remote, everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was spacious, liked the divider between the living area and the bed area. Nice large flat-screen TV mounted to the wall between the sleeping/living areas. My only complaint about this is that I like to sit at the desk with my laptop and be able to watch TV - with the location of the TV, this can't be done, would have to put the desk in the middle of the room. The large corner sofa with separate ottoman worked for this purpose, although the sofa wasn't comfortable to sit on for a long period. The room and entire property was very clean and well maintained. The complimentary breakfast was great, had I believe 3 hot food (skillet) options as well as breads, baked goods, fresh fruit and yogurt. Very nice property overall, would stay here again.

1  Thank ATSgrl

Dear ATSgrl,

Thank you for taking the time to write your revie of our hotel. With so many contributions, your opinion carries a lot of weight. Come see us again soon!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Great location, comfortable rooms, the staff are fantastic, and the breakfast was a REAL breakfast. We had our service animal with us, and staff were very accommodating and made the check in process so easy. We would certainly stay here again.

Dear KRosequist,

Thank you for the kind remarks! We appreciate you taking the time to let people know about our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I recently stayed at this Hyatt for a week on a business trip. First the good. You really cant beat the location. Especially now in days with the economy being what it is. You have a walmart down the street. Plus about 6-8 restaurants and a cinemark theater. After travelling with family and on business I have really started to appreciate a store like walmart near my stay. I mean really who doesn't forget something when they leave home? The staff was very helpful and my room was super clean. I have to mention Talia. Its simple to notice when someone just does the bare minimum. Talia is obviously a attention to detail type of person. I was very impressed every time I came to my room after work. Thank you. The bad. There were only two things. First is the wireless internet. It was very slow. The second is the breakfast. It was ok but very uninspired. A very small selection. Still I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Dear Lfamily83,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. It means alot to us, especially when you mention one of our team members by name! I will be sure to pass along your comments to her and all of our housekeeping team.
As to the internet speeds, we did uncover two wireless access points that were not functioning and have since replaced. I am confident that will solve future issues, Thank You for mentioning! I certainly understand your comments about our breakfast, providing a free hot breakfast to the masses is quite an undertaking. During your next visit, if you have a special request, please feel free to ask any Team Member, we are here to serve! Thanks again for your comments, come see us again soon!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Recently we had the opportunity to cover the Hyatt Place Phoenix/Mesa hotel. The hotel is located in the Mesa Riverview Shopping Center which provides guests with tons of shopping, dining and entertainment options such as the Cinemark Cinemas and Toby Keith’s I love This Bar and Grill.

The hotel is very warm and inviting and this was evident from the very speedy check in and our room which was available to us almost 90 minutes earlier than the anticipated 3:00 PM check in time.

Our room was a spacious suite that came with a king sized bed which overlooked the pool area.
A large and comfy couch with an Ottoman and partial divider divided the suite which also featured a work desk, free Wi-Fi, a mini fridge, and coffee maker.

A 42 inch flat screen television was a nice touch and having 41 stations including HBO gave us plenty of viewing options. The hotel also offered first run movies, adult and family movies, as well as music and on demand entertainment options for an additional fee.

The entertainment console also had a connection area where guests could connect their gaming consoles, laptops, and projectors to the television should they wish to play games, watch movies, or make a presentation in their room.

The staff was very helpful and friendly and not only answered our questions and addressed our needs whenever they arose, but also engaged us and other quests in conversations during our stay.
The hotel offers a complimentary breakfast which included milk, juice, coffee, tea, breakfast sandwiches, pancakes, French Toast, cereals, yogurts, fruit, and breads, as well as some very good oatmeal.

The hotel also has a nice assortment of salads, snacks, sandwiches, and drinks that are available from their Gran and Go area, and quests can enjoy a range of drinks, sandwiches, appetizers, and other options 24/7 from the Gallery Menu.

The hotel offers free papers during the week, and for guests on the go, a selection of sundries such as toothpaste, razors and other toiletries are available free of charge.

The pool area is very enjoyable as not only does it have a pool and Jacuzzi, but there is a big screen television that retracts allowing guests to cool off in the pool and still watch the big games.
At night the area comes alive in a light show as the pool area is decorated with a kaleidoscopic light display.
For those wanting a more intense workout, the hotel offers a gym that allows for guests to get any form of exercise that they wish.

For those wanting something less aerobic, the hotel offers a putting area where guests can borrow clubs and balls to practice their putting.

The hotel was an ideal place to work and relax as we were able to get our work done while watching the days football games without any noise or other distractions. After a day of work, we went out to the nearby offerings, many of which are within walking distance and enjoyed some of the dining and shopping options that were offered.

The hotel is located close to Sky Harbor Airport as well as several of the area malls and attractions due to the close proximity of the freeway.

If your looking for a great place to stay on business or pleasure or to mix it up with a nice weekend away, the hotel is a perfect place for all of your needs. We cover many hotels as part of our work and I can honestly tell you that this was one of the cleanest and nicest hotels we have covered and the staff and service were first rate.

We look forward to a future visit as it was a great place to mix work and pleasure and relax.

You can get more information and book your reservations at ..

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
jrbersch, General Manager at Hyatt Place Phoenix/Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review!! Come back and see us soon.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Wanted a hotel on the outskirts of Phoenix. Hotel location is excellent. Room was clean and comfortable.
Disappointed in the restaurant tho. Ordered a salad to share and was charged for two half salads. Heard in the kitchen that they were out of mushrooms, but was not told that by the waitress until the flatbread arrived. No apology, just out of mushrooms.
Now I need to investigate why I did not receive any Hyatt points for this stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Good Afternoon,
If you have the opportunity, please contact the hotel so that we may look into your question about Hyatt Gold Passport points. I would also like to address your experience in the gallery. I myself love mushrooms and would be pretty disappointed to learn that they wouldn't be available for my favorite burger. It is our standard to have them available and while I cannot answer as to why we were out on this particular day, I want to apologize for not only being out, but for my team. We pride ourselves on top notch service. When I learn that we did not meet or exceed expectations of any guest I take it very seriously. Thank you for the review and for your constructive comments. It is my hope that you visit the hotel again soon!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed at the Hyatt Place in Mesa for 4 nights. A great location near plenty of shopping and food choices, movie theaters and 1/4 mile from the highway. The rooms are very large with a large flat screen TV, coffee maker and small fridge but no microwave - not even in the breakfast area. The beds are very comfortable. The staff is very friendly. The breakfast is above average with plenty of seating. The rooms have Starbucks coffee for two. The hotel appears to have a shortage of housekeeping staff. I returned to my room at 2:30 one afternoon and the room had not been cleaned. I called and 30 mins later someone finally showed up. The rooms are not kept as clean as you would expect from a Hyatt property and the towels are absolutely as rough as sandpaper. While my room was being cleaned I went to the bar to continue working. While there I had two glasses of beer and my final bill showed I had three! This hotel does not offer the NFL channel so no football anywhere in the hotel on Thursday. Hyatt is not aware that there are millions of NFL fans in this country. I will be back to Phoenix but probably would not stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of the pool or you will looking out on the parking lot.