“past and present” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Tiffin, Ohio
“past and present”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed at painted mountain about 8 yrs. ago and it was the worst experience we ever had at a resort. When we arrived we stocked the frig. and when I opened up the frig to get a beer out after a couple of hours the frig was warm and I called maintenance to see what the problem was. They sent a young guy down and he said it needed a new thermostat but before he got there I took the bottom cover off of the frig I could have filled a waste paper basket with all the stuff around the coils. Well when he still wanted to change the thermostat I said there is nothing wrong with it so I showed him the problem and he still said that wasn't it well it was the problem he cleaned it out and it worked great after that.
Then we checked to see how clean the room was they just got done cleaning the room out before we got there and when we entered the room we noticed dirt in different spots after the frig incident we moved the bed out a little bit it looked like it wasn't swept in the last year so we called the office again they came down and they were shocked to see all the dirt and I'm talking large pieces of dirt. So they called housekeeping to pull the bed completely out and clean it right. It sounds like it is still not a very clean place from the reviews I have just been reading. We vowed we would never stay at this resort again.

Room Tip: don't stay there
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Painted Mountain Golf Resort, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experiences with our resort over 8 years ago. We are proud to be rated a 5 star resort and we have many guests and owners that love the grounds and amenities. We continuously update and better our establishment based on reviews, comments and suggestions. We have come a very long way since 8 years ago and we aim to go even further in the near future. We hope you are enjoying your stays at your new vacation destinations of choice. On behalf of the entire Westgate family, we wish you the happiest vacations to come.

Josie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Wichita Falls, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed in a studio room for two nights. It was very nice. The room was a good size. The location was only 28 minutes from the Phoenix Airport and 1 mile from family that I was there to see. I like the table and chairs that sat outside the room so to enjoy the environment. The only negative things that I noticed was the t.v. were very outdated and you had to pay to use the computer to checkin for your flights. It was a complicated ordeal to purchase time on a card then use the card on the computer. The cards were not working on this weekend, then when I printed my etickets they fell from the printer behind a shelve that no one could get to, so had to buy more time to print again. There is a Fry store really close that was helpful as I came in late night.

Room Tip: There is no elevator. You have to climb a flight of stairs. I chose to be on the first floor. I was...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank rondaholler
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your stay with us here at the Westgate Painted Mountain. We have forwarded your concerns to the Resort Manager so we can meet and deliver your needs. See you soon!

Aliso Viejo, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Needs updating. Old tube tv that sits too low for watching in bed. Mold stains around the tub. It had been bleached but mold stains remain. This was the 2nd room we had. The 1st room was just as outdated and in need of a deep clean as the first. We stayed in a studio room which appeared bigger in the pictures than it was.

Room Tip: Ask if they have any updated rooms like their models.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OhioAnnie4
We value your feedback! We enjoyed having you stay at the here with us at the Westgate Painted Mountain. We apologize that you had some concerns. I will go ahead and forward these issues to the resort manager so they can address them accordingly. We hope to have another opportunity to exceed vacation your needs.

Bismarck, North Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights. The rates were great. The resort was clean and well maintained. The pool area was fun. we stayed in the studio suites and they were very nice. One day we didn't have housekeeping services, but other than that, we would go back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Painted Mountain Golf Resort, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for your comments on Westgate Painted Mountain. We are delighted that your vacation was everything you wanted. We appreciate you calling our resort "very nice". We hope to be able to provide you with another wonderful vacation.
Gretna, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

My mom and I stayed at this hotel and we were very happy with our stay. We were in a studio room, but had enough amenities for us that we needed. We did tour a two bedroom suite to see if it would work for my family. When my family and I go back we will be staying in a two bedroom

Room Tip: For long stays get the 2 bedroom suite
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Painted Mountain Golf Resort, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience here at the Westgate Painted Mountain Resort. We train our staff to be friendly, welcoming, and helpful. We are glad that you were able to enjoy the room amenities, resort amenities, as well as our great location! We really look forward to you and your family staying with us again in the future!

Las Vegas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

This resort is very conveniently located for access to NE Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe and Mesa, close to the 202 Loop and 60. The facilities are clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The 1-bedroom suite we stayed in was severely outdated with old appliances, carpeting, TV, and appliances, but is was clean and quiet and the couch was very comfortable. Golf, food, and Happy Hour were very reasonably priced at the golf resort and restaurant next door, but the restaurant could use updating also. Everyone went out of their way to greet you and make you feel welcome at the resort and the restaurant (and they provided some great discount coupons for food and golf). I didn't like it that they charge $9.99 a day for internet when it is usually available for free at many resorts.

Room Tip: Get a room away from McKellips Road to avoid traffic noise and on an upper floor to avoid air condit...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Painted Mountain Golf Resort, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for your review. Thank you for letting us know what we are exceling in and some areas that need work. The satisfaction of our guests is our top priority. We hope you will stay with us again and allow us the opportunity to not just meet but exceed your expectations.
Bellingham, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

So all in all the resort is nice and in a good location with lots of restaurants and stores near by. Staff is very helpful and friendly. They have great grills for use. The workout room is adequate. The problems I had with the resort were that the walls were on the thin side and my neighbors with noisy. I am sure that they thought the same of me. Also, the rooms all have doors to the outside so you can be awaken by people in the courtyard area. Do not bother to try to use the wireless network. I called the help desk multiple times with a bad experience. I would be connected and then get dropped off. If I was staying for leisure it wouldn't have been a big deal, but I was staying for work. The room setup was okay...one night stand, large tv stand/dresser, desk, and small table. I had a great rate for the studio bedroom.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Painted Mountain Golf Resort, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
We truly appreciate your comments about your recent stay with us here at the Westgate Painted Mountain. Please accept our apologies in regard to the Wifi challenges. We will certainly share your review with our staff, as we are always looking for areas to improve. We Thank you for staying with us and please come back to visit us again in the future!