“Tough Course”
Review of Longbow Golf Club

Longbow Golf Club
Ranked #7 of 28 Outdoor Activities in Mesa
More attraction details
Owner description: Named after a military attack helicopter, this walkable course offers a solid mix of long and short holes through the rolling desert scrub land.
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This course is very tough but fun to play. Staff in all areas were very friendly and helpful. Greens roll like crazy so watch. Lots of planes and helicopters flying overhead. Some of the fairways are very close together so watch if you spray the ball a bit. Nice clubhouse. Range balls are included in your green fee.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I didn't play well but a nice track! Loved the vintage airplanes coming and going from nearby Flacon Field AND some Boeing helicopters at the nearby plant.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

As I said in a review a couple years ago, Longbow is our favorite course in the Phoenix area. It is challenging but quite playable for golfers of all levels. As far as the staff is concerned, we couldn't ask for better treatment. The young men and women (Blake, Jeff, Tim, Scott, Brian, Teo and others) who greet us, take our clubs, get our range balls, clean our clubs after our round etc. are always friendly and cheerful. The pro shop staff (Tim, Scott, Andrew) all greet us by name and do everything possible to make sure that we enjoy ourselves. We are constantly thanked for our business and told that we are appreciated by all of the staff (including the rangers).

I agree that the grass in the range area is sometimes sparse-they could change the tees more frequently- and as one reviewer noted, the range balls were well-used ( I think most courses have some questionable range balls at some time during the year) but they were all replaced in late January or early February around the time of Golf Fest.

As far as cost is concerned, I would advise anyone who is in the Mesa area for any length of time to purchase a Flight Card. This is a Longbow loyalty card which gives the user the right to book a foursome at a discounted rate. For example, the last rounds we played on a Thursday and Saturday on March 16th and 21st cost us $62 (Thursday) and $69 (Saturday) including the cart. Compare that to the rack rates of $145 and $165. Before Christmas, you can golf for even less. You also get a discount on range balls and products in the pro shop and at other OB Sports courses in the area. The card costs $109 if you purchase it early. Get on their email list and they will let you know when the cards are for sale.

We have taken several friends here and they have all enjoyed the experience. We would recommend this course to anyone.

1  Thank MesaMac
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Cannot believe all the hype about this place. I was expecting better.... 2 guys with no personality greeted us at the car and told us our clubs would be "over there" (Could barely hear them over all the planes flying over). Entered the pro shop with average merchandise options and grumpy staff. After they took a lot of our money, we found our clubs with one of the dull guys that met us in the parking lot. He informed me that we had to purchase range balls (should be included for the price they charge). Went back into the pro shop to purchase some balls and got to the range with very poor grass tees which looked like they had not been changed all week. The balls were in such bad condition I left many of them behind. Putting green needed the cups changed and the density of the grass with average at best. Potentially an awesome golf course but their sprayer seemed to have clogged tips and left messy looking fairways. I was not overly impressed by the conditions and my foursome continually discussed how much it cost to play here. I played 5 different golf courses this week and paid the most to play this course...if they are going to charge this kind of money, they need to check out the competition in the area. The restaurant staff were not pleasant and we sat on the patio listening to planes fly over every 10 seconds...tough to enjoy this place but will give them one more chance to prove they are worth what they charge the next time I go back...my playing partners said there is much better in the area for this kind of money.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Longbow is an incredible value for the money-the course is very well maintained and the staff are very helpful and courteous.
Very challenging-but fair!