“Very good brew pub (but I don't know about the food)”

Fenicia Brewing Company
Ranked #14 of 666 Restaurants in Rosario
Cuisines: Argentinean, Bar, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A brewpub with flavorful aggressive ales, a California style pub menu with some Argentine classics and a few international dishes. Pub environment with mostly classic rock, rock, blues, ska, and reggae. We are passionate about our beer!
Reviewed December 15, 2015

Fenicia Is classified as a "resto pub" and they brew their own beer on the premises. And the beer is good. It is along the lines of good brew pubs in the United States,* with a wide selection of beers and beer-types (the IPAs and the stouts are especially good). They also have a kitchen, and when I ate at Fenicia two years ago, the basic bar food was very good. I didn't eat there on this most recent trip (I just drank the beer), so I don't if the quality of the food has changed.

But I didn't go there for the food. I went for the beer. And, as I said, the beer is very good. And the place is friendly. After sitting at the bar for only a few minutes I was already having pleasant conversations with several patrons (which is an experience I have at craft beer brew pubs all over the world, which is why I go to them).

Fenicia is located in the funky Pichincha neighborhood in Rosario. The address is Avenida Francia 168. [And if you visit Fenicia, might be interested in other places in Pichincha. It has become the "new" place for restaurants, bars, and other entertainment businesses in Rosario (though when I say "new", that distinction is probably 5-10 years old by now, for Pichincha). There are several other places for craft beer in Pichincha, but -- I think -- Fenicia is the best.]
___________________
* The beers and the ambience are similar to brew pubs in the USA, which might not be an accident. I've never met them, but the owners are from California

2  Thank ArgentineTraveller6

Reviewed August 28, 2015 via mobile

I was so happy to find this place. Real beer!!! And great great burgers...feels like home! The owners are cool and the staff are super attentive. This place is a definite stop for me and my friends every week

Reviewed June 7, 2015 via mobile

Good food, excellent beer and really fun atmosphere. If you want a real pub experience, this is the place to visit. You can go for happy hour or late snack after dinner. The kitchen is open late with very good American food

Reviewed December 7, 2014

After travelling through Peru and Bolivia where variety in beer is almost non-existent, it has been great to expand the palate again in Argentina. The Fenicia brewhouse is a slick establishment with a convivial atmosphere and, thankfully, a wide array of brews to choose from. Their American pale ale is pretty good and the amber ale even better, while we quite enjoyed the lomo quesadillas and a filling California chicken sandwich (both reasonably priced at around 70 pesos). There was a bit of space for the few hours after opening on this particular Saturday night, so bring a group of friends and settle in for a quality session.

Reviewed November 27, 2014

Beer brewing on site! Unheard of in Argentina. Quality beer and food in the same place (reminiscent of Stone Brewing in San Diego), never before in Argentina.

Six brews on tap from the basement tanks below the restaurant. All really good, and much better than anything I've hd elsewhere (run of the mill bottled beer equivalent to Bud, or worse).

Menu is typical bar food and very different then the meat, potatoes And pasta boredom of 99% of the restaurants around. Hamburgers stuffed with Roquefort cheese, Fish and Chips, Quesadillas that are real, made with real tortillas... Wow!

Try this place, and if you like it as much as I do, write a trip advisor review. These guys are currently 12th but deserve to be in the top 5.

1  Thank Gulliver1946