2,006 results
All reviewsoverlooking the riveriguazu fallsparaguay and brazilpool and hot tubin townnice hotelpool arealobby baramazing poolbuffet breakfastrooms are smallbars and restaurantswhilst visiting the fallssmall townstayed for two nightsthe busla rueda
Reviewed July 10, 2018

The hotel itself was fine, but upon check-out they surprised us with nearly $500 of additional "room upgrade" surcharges that we never agreed to -- all because they brought a roll-out bed into the room for our 8yr old son. This was still the same basic room by the way. They also charged us for their crappy breakfast after repeatedly telling us on check-in that breakfast was included with our room rate.

The front deck associate became rude and aggressive as we were checking out and trying to catch an early morning flight... pretty much felt like a shake down, and tried to stop my wife and family from leaving. I refused to pay the made up surcharges and walked out because this was not what I signed up for and we never agreed to any changes up-front. They still charged my credit card without approval, and I'm in process now of disputing the charges.

Such a frustrating end to our vacation in Iguazu Falls.
The hotel was mediocre anyways - and totally NOT worth it based on the hassle and their despicable and unethical behavior. I've never experienced anything like this in more than 20 years of travelling, and this is the first time I've ever written a negative review. Just flat out disgusted with this place.

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank Jason W
Reviewed July 7, 2018

We picked this property based on tripadvisor pictures/reviews. This is the oldest hotel in the area and the location is within a short and safe walking distance to the town versus other hotels that are a ways out. The pictures are deceiving and the property, from the interior common areas to the rooms needs a remodel. The fabrics and finishes were old, dirty and worn. The ceilings in the hallway outside our room had water leak stains that had mold on them. The rooms themselves were small. The tub had a stationary glass panel that only covered half the tub so when you showered water went all over the floor and bathroom door. Based on the condition of the door (stained, chipped and swollen from water exposure), it looks like it was a common experience. While the location is located at the convergence of two rivers and the borders of Brazil and Paraguay the view is not impressive nor worthy of a picture. You come to the area for Iguazu Falls which is amazing. The staff was very nice and helpful; however, the best part of the trip was our private guide in the Iguazu Falls park and the dinner we had at La Rueda restaurant in town.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the forest/river out the front rather than the view of a building under construction in the back facing the town.
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Lance J
Reviewed June 14, 2018

THe hotel was a bit old and the room was quite small,but provided good quality bed.There was no coffee and tea in the room,the service was so so, dinner and breakfast was just fine. The was an outdoor big swimming pool which was not suitable for swimming( cold water). No coplimentary drinking water.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patchareepichai
Reviewed May 30, 2018

The hotel is great and the staff is excellent, they do everything to make sure you have a great stay, I felt at home. It's in a great location very close to the center. The food at the restaurant is amazing!

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed May 25, 2018

We had a river view hotel room with a balcony. The view was really nice & you could also see the pool and hot tub. The hotel room was clean and well-maintained. The only downside is that the walls are quite thin and you can hear everything going on in the next room (we heard alarm clocks going off and people having just normal volume conversations). Bed was comfortable, though the pillows are a bit high & firm if you're the kind of person who likes a flat pillow. The buffet breakfast had a dedicated gluten-free table, plus the usual breads, medialunas, cakes, eggs, and bacon. Dinner at the hotel was pricey but they had a big menu and the food wasn't bad. Taxis from the hotel to the airport & falls were very expensive (I recommend just taking a bus from the central terminal to the falls, the ride is the same amount of time and it's 4x cheaper). Just a 5 minute walk to restaurants and downtown from the hotel. The staff spoke really good English and was great with helping me figure out what to do around town and how to get to the falls. The hot tub wasn't always very hot, but well maintained. Wifi was strong in the lobby & hallways, but I completely lost signal in the room (my boyfriend was able to get a couple bars). Since we're so close to the border, my phone kept switching between Argentina & Paraguay roaming service. Overall, a good stay.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple