When we were planning a short trip to Iguazu to see the falls, I asked friends on Facebook if they knew of a good place to stay and one of them recommended the Secret Garden and said they loved it. The prices seemed reasonable for us so we booked two rooms (we were two couples traveling there) and I'm so glad we heard about this place.
Their driver was there to pick us up at the airport and was available to take us to the falls at a very fair price (and he was an excellent and careful driver). We were greeted at the Secret Garden by a lovely young couple who were watching over the place for a few weeks while John was out of town, and they gave us a tour of Puerto Iguazu and then joined us for welcome drinks and snacks that evening that were amazing (maybe the best food and drinks in town!) The dining area is a porch which looks into the garden and was a nice place to eat breakfast as well (and check email too, as there's wifi)
The rooms were clean, bright and spacious with very comfortable beds. They're set back from the main house a bit so you have a feeling of privacy. The BnB is on a quiet residential street which is very nice and right near a little park which would be good for kids. Its also one block away from the main street and a walkable distance to the center of town (maybe 15 minutes). There's an empanada joint right next to the supermarket on the corner which has amazing empanadas.
I would definitely stay at the Secret Garden again! Its great! There are only three rooms, though, so make sure you book in advance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An ideal place to jump-start your visit to the Iguazu Falls in Argentina. High on concept the Secret Garden is populated by tree ferns and other shade-loving plants salvaged from the slash and burn rural and logging activities decimating the surrounding rain-forest. Our location allows you to get a feel of living in a small South American frontier town and has easy access to urban amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Secret Garden Iguazu B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Garden Iguazu Hotel Puerto Iguazu
- Secret Garden Iguazu Bed And Breakfast