“Good vibes and good service!”
Review of Hostel Inn Iguazu

Hostel Inn Iguazu
Ranked #12 of 52 Puerto Iguazu B&B and Inns
Switzerland
“Good vibes and good service!”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Very nice hostel, good HI organization, big main building with big terrace and pool. Music, good vibes :-) And dorms in separate buildings so it's quiet. I really loved staying there! It's 4 to 5 km from the center of Puerto Iguazu but you can get there by bus in 10min and it's very cheap. The hostel has good facilities as well (laundry, bar, meal for lunch and dinner, etc)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
HostelInnM, Director Comercial at Hostel Inn Iguazu, responded to this review, December 2, 2013

Hostel Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Polish first
Farnham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2013

When I stayed here in july, it was raining and not very busy, but had a good range of indoor activities - free pool, table tennis etc. The menu was good and the free breakfast was also tasty.

Even though it wasn't busy, it was low season and I would expect it to be very good in high season - it had a really good setting with a pool and lots of grounds. It was a cheap taxi away from iguazu falls and a very cheap bus into the town centre.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Dunsborough
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The rooms are quite basic but the hostel itself has a lot of amenities.

The beds are quite small & the tv is old ( we were unable to connect our portable DVD player), but these items are really minor & don't hold them against the hostel. The pool is great & there are pool tables & ping pong tables. There is a tourdesk set up but there never seems to be any staff there but otherwise the staff are great, they all speak good English ( we came as naive australians ).

Good, cheapish accommodation if you are just here to see the falls & have a good time!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Madrid, Spain
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The hostel is very well located and has a great swimming-pool. It also offers organized trips to the waterfalls. The rooms are basic but clean, the toilets are fine and the breakfast is OK. In short, for its location, I find it as a good choice, with a good ratio quality-price. The only bad experience was that we were told to have a discount in a "Parrilla", but then once at the restaurant there was not discount at all. Even though we call back to try to clarify, at the end there was no discount. Apart from that, everything was fine - I'd go back again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 13, 2013

This was the most disappointing hostel experience in Argentina for me. Perhaps more disappointing as it was recommended by the staff at the Hostel Inn in Bariloche. I arrived on a Friday and wanted a shower after my long bus journey however there was no hot water. I then wanted to leave laundry to be washed that evening as I was going on a tour the following day at 7.35 am. The staff informed me that I could not leave it with them and had to bring it at 8am. Then a man (not sure if he was the manager or not) offered to have my laundry done for me for free for this experience. To cut a very long story short it was not done the following day and when it was given to me it was wet and the staff were very unhelpful about it! Then also I booked my tour to the Argentina side of the falls with the travel desk and the girl told me to be ready at 7.50 - the bus left without me at 7.35. The staff are very unhelpful here - with the exception of the girl on the travel desk who did organise a refund for me for the missed trip. The rooms are basic - my sheets had holes. Also the kitchen does not have mugs or glasses for tea or drinks of water. It had no drying clothes - it was very very basic. Perhaps had my Spanish been better this may have been a different experience but I would advise anyone to STAY AWAY. I know from speaking to other travellers that there are much better options in the town itself.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Clareboyd

Travelers are raving about these Puerto Iguazu hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This was our worst accommodation in our 5 week travels around South America in December & January. Breakfast was stale bread rolls and sugar coated cereals. We booked in for 4 nights. First 2 nights we sweltered in our room as air conditioner was not working. Various complaints to staff went unheard and was told it was working. Finally spoke to manager, who was hard to track down. It seemed he did not believe us either. When electrician was finally called in and parts that needed replacing would not arrive until next day, we were moved to another hotel down the road. We were also surprised when we needed to supply our own matches in the kitchen to light the stove (and the staff had none to sell). This had not been the case in other hostels we stayed in. The pool was very inviting and the only thing I would recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lianne W
Cape Town
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The outside of the hostel looks good, the pool was great and it has a nice environment. However the inside was a bit old and outdated, nothing special. Same for the breakfast, nothing special and the bread was dry, but the lunch box that you can order is good!

We were welcomed by a very friendly receptionist that speaks English very well. She was very helpfull and explained us how to get to town and waterfalls. Location is not great, however there is a bus to town that passes about every 15min so it wasnt too bad.

The room was alright, bed was small with old blankets on, but the bathroom was fine and all was clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple