“If only all Hostels where like this!”

Guest House Puerto Iguazu
Ranked #8 of 53 Puerto Iguazu B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Fantastic staff that makes everything possible - they are helpfull and The service is brilliant! The are making the guestHouse something special! Wunderfull placement! Close to The City but still in a quiet natur-area.

There are newer reviews for Guest House Puerto Iguazu

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We lucked out with Guest House. Not knowing anything about iguazu we found this place through trip advisor. This was the perfect place for couples. Overlooking the river on a quiet residential street just a few minute walk to the center of town and dining. The staff were great. Martin was a local and very personable. He made us a drink called casha (probably spelled wrong) that was perfect after a hot day exploring the falls. Barbara was also very helpful and gave us all the info about iguazu to help orient us. Be sure to ask how to walk to town using the pedestrian pathway at the end of the street. It is only four rooms, with two more on the way. Book the best room if available since it is spacious and private. Our second night we had to switch rooms and the smaller room shared a bathroom with another room. Not a big deal, but the extra money is worth the privacy and amenities. Lastly, BE SURE TO HAVE THEM RESERVE A TAXI TO PICK YOU UP AT THE AIRPORT. Roberto the driver was extremely helpful and took us to town to get food and water then back to the falls. Since we were there for two days we used the bus the rest of the time to get to the falls, but it was worth it to get there quickly the first afternoon.

Room Tip: Reserve the best room if you can. The extra cost provides your own bathroom a walkin closet and extr...
1  Thank TideTraveler2014
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I am so glad that chose GH Puerto Iguazu to start my trip in Argentine.
Everyone there was friendly and helpful. They gave my all necessary information to visit both sides of the waterfall, they offered me a delicious cocktail after I came back, they confirmed my flight, they booked the taxis for me, they helped me to find the right place to exchange money, they gave me a ride to the place where 3 borders crossed.... And they smiled to me all the time.
I loved this place. It feels like home. I enjoyed the wonderful breakfast there, I liked the big garden there, I spent the peaceful time reading in the evening on the cloth swing bed... if I am allowed to dream of a paradise, it should be like here...

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 2, 2014

There are a lot of different places you could stay in Iguazu, but I'm so glad I went with this place. My girlfriend and I stayed for 3 nights while our friends stayed in a different place. They had to wait for bus shuttles into town. We just walked right in. The room was huge. The facilities were immaculate. The hosts were extremely friendly and accommodating. Their 'guard dog' Lauren was also great. I would definitely recommend this to anyone.

Room Tip: The large guest room is very private.
1  Thank DanHartwig
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

The owners and staff were very welcoming. We were given lots of very useful info as soon as we got there about both sides of the falls and transport options and restaurants.
They were not pushy and didn't try to sell us anything. We ended up using one of their recommended taxis which was very good value for money and was sometimes cheaper than public transportation. We uses it to go to Brazil and caudal del este.

Breakfast was really good. I enjoyed sharing a table with others but you don't have to. We had eggs which was the only hotel were we got that in Argentina. Lots of good food and good coffee.

Fabio, the owner,was very friendly and we enjoyed chatting with him.

Another nice touch was the capirinhas every night. And did I mention the gorgeous views?

We had a superior room. It was gigantic. So much space and comfy.

I'd go there again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The hosts were very attentive before and during our stay at the guest and help arrange airport pick-ups and other transportation. The room was very large for the price and exceptionally clean. Breakfast was plentiful and unlimited access to water was a nice touch. The location on the river is very nice and the guest house sits in a quiet neighborhood with a 10 minute walk to downtown and great restaurants. Service was exceptional and I would not hesitate to stay here agian.

Room Tip: We chose the room with the private bath that was spacious and quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Awesome place. Great location with a short walk to town were there are some lovely restaurants and the bus stop. Getting to the falls is easy with buses, though i do recommend a taxi for the brazil side to save on time. Going to both sides is a must. Every morning you get a lovely home cooked breakfast to keep you going for a trip to the falls. The manager's are very friendly and are always in a mood for chat. They give you great tips on restaurants and how to get to places. Rooms are clean and gardens beautifully maintained. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple