“Very good match price/quality, very good and quiet location close to the center of puerto iguazu”
Review of Hotel Saint George

Hotel Saint George
Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Puerto Iguazu
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Small hotel some steps only from the downtown, place to relax and feel quiet, rooms clean without luxury but all needed standards. Nice team, good choice on lunch and diner buffets.
I had an excellent stay!

• Stayed: December 2011
Write a ReviewReviews (2,170)

Reviewed December 1, 2011

When I arrived they did not have a standard room available because they overbooked. They made me wait while they cleaned a room, then put me in a room that was meant to be a "hostel" room. Three small beds, next to the lobby and bus drive through, very noisy, impossible to sleep. I asked to be moved, and they said they did not have any standard rooms available (what I booked and paid for) because they were sold out. Also when I left, and was super tired from not sleeping, I asked them to call me a taxi and they did, one of "their people" not a normal taxi. I was totally overcharged for the trip to the airport. Instead of paying around $25 I got charged $58....they took advantage of a paying customer, dishonest and they don't deserve to have tourist stay at their hotel. Also breakfast was terrible!

Room Tip: Just book with a different hotel!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank ldmark
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Please be aware of this hotel, the front of the hotel is nice and if you paid top prices for your room you most likely will be in the good area. On the back of the hotel, crossing the pool is the new room additions. The hotel acquired recently a "hostel" and is currently under renovation. When I arrived at this hotel, I was advised by the front agent that due to a problem with hotel "pipes" my room has been downgraded and I was to receive a free dinner for the inconvenience. The same happened to three other European guests. As soon as I was brought to the room, I realized the area was not part of the hotel. After complaining to the agents and contacting Expedia, I was able to receive credit and I was able to go to a diferent hotel. When I went outside, and I walked around the front, I noticed the previous "hostel" and the renovation. DO NOT STAY HERE!!! may be close to town but the hotel is not reliable.

Room Tip: IF you are traveling to Argentina, please always choose a 5 star hotel. The hotels rating in this c...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Orie L
cgazek, Coordinador Operativo at Hotel Saint George, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2011

Dear Mr. Orie:
Really sorry for the inconvenience, we had a problem with pipes that flooded your room, for that reason we had to block a sector completely. The affected guests were compensated by this unexpected event.
In your particular case, the day of his arrival, we contacted with your agency “Expedia” to explain the situation and we decided to give you another hotel.
I hope that your stay in Iguazú was an enjoyable one.
Sincerely

Reviewed November 24, 2011

Hotel is a little dated but has a nice pool and bar area. Staff is very friendly and helpfull, Enlish is still a problem. I stayed at this hotel two days and did some tours to the Park (Well worth the trip). The breakfast is not the best I have ever had, it seems to be the most neglected meal of the day in Argentina. Would I stay at this hotel again? Yes, it provided accomodation and had a nice relaxing bar area, the best of all is that FREE WIFI in the hotel and at the bar. I have paid upto $ 20 US per day for WIFI access and to not pay for a change was a breath of fresh air. Most restaurandts in Puorto Iguazu has free wifi, they are happy to provide the password upon entry! The hotel is nice and central to very nice restaurandts! Aqva was one of the greatest discoveries. The airconditioning was not the best, thank God for a ceiling fan! Book rooms close to the pool, the rooms facing the street is above a hall that is rented out for parties and could be very noisy!The hotel has a great location but the food is not worth it, they compete with great food all around this little town!!

Room Tip: Book rooms close to the pool, the rooms facing the street is above a hall that is rented out for par...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Had an average experience during our stay here at end of October. The size of our room was great, we had a double bed each (much bigger than other rooms we stayed in Argentina). Also the price paid was fairly good value for the size of room and location.

However, I felt the hotel was let down by its service. Firstly, upon getting to our room we tried to use the safe which was one of those old fashioned early electronic ones. After ringing the recieption we were told that that had to supply a key to lock/reset it and they would send someone up. Great. 30 minutes later no one had shown so we decided to forget it and head downstairs for a drink. (I later saw another person asking how to use his safe).
Get to the bar (where some others were already drinking) and wait for a while before asking the recieption if we could order a drink. They said theyd send someone over. Ten minutes later a young boy appeared and took our order, no problem he said, coming up. 15 minutes later still no drink so we decided to cut our losses and inform receiption we'd be going elsewhere. (TIP: if you want a drink head to the pool bar not the indoor bar!)

Another example was our room had a problem with one of the lightbulbs that meant it flickered on all night whenever you turned the lights off. I reported this the next day and was told it would be sorted out but unfortunately it wasnt, it still flickered the following night. I explained this to the girl at recieption on the morning of our check-out who was not remotely interested or did not appear to care.

Another example was when asking where the nearest Post Office to post some cards was given directions and then told it would be open currently (monday afternoon). Having walked through town in the soaring afternoon heat then found it was not open but closes between 1 and 4pm. Had to revisit later.

On the other hand they have a really nice pool area which we used.

They appeared to be under-staffed but even so if you just explain to your guests things will take longer than expected due to staff issues people will understand. Or have decent signs/information. This may be a great location to get to the falls easily but dont expect much more than that.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stephen S
cgazek, Coordinador Operativo at Hotel Saint George, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2011

Dear Guest:
My apologies for the inconveniences during your stay.
Those mentioned details are very important to provide an excellent service.
We will work very hard to improve them.
Thank you very much for sharing your experience.

Carolina Gazek

Reviewed November 12, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights in november to visit the falls. Right across from the bus station (take the bus to the falls not a cab, you'll save tons). Being in town vs. on the road to the falls gives you some non-falls intertainment options. Our room was upgraded upon arrival, The the upgraded room was the size of a US style chain hotel (Hilton Garden Inn, Holiday Inn, Courtyard) The decor was tired, but rooms were clean. Bathroom area left something to be desired and shower was a flip-flops on shower. Front desk staff was helpful. Pool area and bar were nice. When you tally up all the pros and cons, I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank adamgun
Reviewed November 7, 2011

The hotel is conveniently located in the centre of town opposite the bus station. Note it can be a little noisy but didn't bother us.
It has excellent facilities, including a lovely pool and jacuzzi. Breakfast was excellent and included a range of hot and cold buffet selection.
The staff were very helpful, reception staff spoke excellent english and were able to assist in bookings.
There is a shuttle bus run by four which costs ar25 each way to the airport. It needs to be booked in advance but if u are getting off the plane there us a kiosk and u can buy a ticket there.
Getting to iguazi: across the station at the bus terminal, you can buy a return ticket for ar20. Buses are frequent but stop around 7pm.

• Stayed: October 2011